[DISCLAIMER:Please Note: Any Image/data in this presentation/video is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental]
In this blog, I would like to explain the steps to create extension field in supplier invoice excel template in SAP Business ByDesign System.
- Steps to add extension field in supplier invoice excel
Add the extension field via Adaption Mode and add the field in Inbound Services as per below screenshot:
Steps to add extension field in Excel:
In the below case, we have taken the header extension field ‘Test_SIV_PDI’ as example.
- Go to Supplier Invoicing work center -> select view: Invoices and Credit memos.
- Download the excel template from ‘Import from Microsoft excel’ option as per below screenshot.
3. Once the file is downloaded, open the file location and rename .xlsx to .zip. This will automatically convert the excel file to zip and open it with your preferred zip tool.
XML file location: NewSupplierInvoices_US_EN.zip\xl
4. Extract the XML file to specified folder and edit the same using Notepad ++ .
a) We need to add the field as part of the structure as mentioned below:
<xs:element minOccurs=”0″ maxOccurs=”1″ name=”Test_SIV_PDI” type=”xs:string”/>
b)There is one more change necessary in the xmlMaps.xml , in the transformations section.
<xsl:template match=”Test_SIV_PDI”> <xsl:element namespace=”http://sap.com/xi/AP/CustomerExtension/BYD/ZZZZZ” name=”Test_SIV_PDI”> <xsl:value-of select=”.”/>
5. Replace the XML in that zip and rename it from .zip to xlsx
6. Open the excel file and go to Developer->Source. You would be able to see extension field in XML maps ‘SAP_BYD_MAIN’.
Note: If you are unable to see, select it from the drop-down list.
As of now, the extensibility function is not provided in standard invoice upload excel file , hence , please contact your bydesign partner to implement the above steps as per your business requirement.
You can also check following blogs related to excel scenarios: