Prepared for the Future with next-gen SAP ASE
picture courtesy: DSAG
Back in Mannheim, back at ‘DSAG Technologietage’. The German user group ‘technology days’ conference is traditionally the first 2-day conference in the year with a lager SAP ASE technology track.
We were able to offer a great mix of SAP and partner sessions this year:
- Ready for new challenges with SAP ASE 16.0 SP04 (SAP)
- A partners view on SAP ASE operations (All for One Group)
- Time to change: The successor or the ASE Cockpit (SAP)
- Best Practice: How to run SAP ASE on Microsoft Azure (SAP IT)
- Case study: Hybrid High-Availability setup with Alibaba Cloud (Alibaba Cloud Group + SAP)
We kicked off the day with the roadmap for SAP ASE 16.0 and details about the new Patch Level strategy.
- End of maintenance and support for SAP ASE 15.7 is Dec 2020.
- Patch Level 9 has been release for SAP ASE 16.0 SP02. This is the last planned patch and end of maintenance and support will be in Dec 2020.
- Patch levels for SAP ASE 16.0 SP03 will be released quarterly starting now.
- The new feature release SAP ASE 16.0 SP04 will be available in Q4 2020 for general applications.
- Patch levels in Q1 and Q3 will support all certified Operating Systems, in Q2 and Q4 they will support Linux and Windows only.
Another important topic was the maintenance extension for SAP Business Suite 7 software until 2027. With the updated roadmap above we ensure SAP ASE 16.0 will be updated frequently and support SAP applications until 2027 and beyond.
More detailed insights about SAP ASE 16.0 SP04 features will be delivered in a DSAG Webinar in May. The date for this will be available soon.
Updated SAP ASE Learning Journey
The SAP ASE Learning Journey ‘Administration & Monitoring’ was first announced and published during DSAG Technology Days in Bonn in Q1 2019. The feedback was very positive and we received a lot of proposals for new content.
The 2nd Learning Journey ‘Upgrade & Installation’ has been rolled-out during SAP TechEd in Q3 2019.
We worked on your content requests and added 30 new videos. Now we are currently busy providing subtitles in English, German, and Chinese. So, stay tuned to make sure you don’t miss anything.
These are the topics for the next blog posts in the SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise area:
- Time to change: The successor or the ASE Cockpit
- Case study: Hybrid High-Availability setup with Alibaba Cloud
picture courtesy: Matthias Wild