How to Use Unit Conversion Function in Manage Customer Materials
The layout of unit conversion in the Manage Customer Materials app was updated in S/4HANA Cloud 1911. This blog describes how to use the unit conversion function.
Either of the following conditions must be met prior to configuration:
· The sales unit of the material has been defined in material/product master.
· A unit conversion record has been created for the material in material/product master.
In the following example, the unit conversion of “1 PAL = 48 PC” has been defined for material TG11 in material/product master. The conversion relationship is changed to “1 PAL = 10 PC” in the Manage Customer Materials app for the same material (customer 10100009). This change takes effect at the document item level.
Maintain Unit Conversion
1. Launch the Manage Customer Materials app.
2. Open the record containing customer 10100009 and material TG11.
3. Click Edit.
4. Open the value help of Sales Unit.
The unit conversion record (1 PAL = 48 PC) that has been defined in material/product master is displayed.
5. Click the record.
The unit conversion relationship (1 PAL = 48 PC) is automatically copied to customer material data.
6. Change the conversion relationship to “1 PAL = 10 PC”. Save your configuration.
Create Sales Order
1. Open the Create Sales Orders app.
2. Create a sales order based on customer 10100009 and material TG11.
The conversion relationship (1 PAL = 10 PC) maintained in customer material data, instead of that in material/product master, is effective. The total weight is also calculated based on the former.