Installing SAR Files in SAINT t-code of SAP Logon using SAP Intelligent RPA
Installing SAR file in SAP Logon was a tedious task of our teammates as it involves a lot of clicks and same steps all times. So I started automating this task through SAP Intelligent RPA. Now after automation, they have to provide the data in Cloud Factory and run the Bot. The SAR file gets installed.
The user has to provide all inputs in SAP Intelligent RPA Cloud Factory while adding a trigger.
To learn how it was achieved click on the following link :-
How to use input and output parameters
Workflow of the Project
- SAP Logon will be started
- System ID will be entered in Filter by Set Activity and Enter will be pressed on Page1 through Keystroke Activity.
- User name, Password and Client will be entered on Page 2 using Set activities and enter will be pressed through keystroke activity.
- SAINT t-code will be entered on Page 3 and enter will be pressed through keystroke activity.
- More button will be clicked on Page 4 by Click Activity, Installation package will be clicked on Page 5, Load Packages will be clicked on Page 6 and SAR Archives from Frontend will be clicked on Page7.
- Path of the SAR file where it is stored and File name will be entered through set activities. Checkmark will be clicked by Set Activity on Page 8.
- Allow, Decompress and Start will be clicked on Page 9, Page 10 and Page 11 respectively through Click Activities.
Then correct Software Component will be selected dynamically based on the input data in the following way :-
- First Software component is captured with following properties :-
- Loop will be started through Start loop activity and First Software component will be taken from Software components through Get Activity in Page 12.
- Software component read from Page 12 will be compared with Software component given as input by user.
- If the above condition is true then Default branch will be executed and Skip branch will be executed in other case. This is achieved by If (true), If(else) and Output Activities.
- Skip branch :- In Skip branch table will be scrolled down by one row through ScrollDownbyOneRow method and control will be passed to Start loop activity and next Software component will be checked. Exit loop will be executed and I have given same condition for it as given in If(true).
- Default branch :- Checkbox before that software component will be clicked.
- Support File will be set in the combo box by Set Activity and continue button will be clicked on Page16 by Click Activity.
- Continue button will be clicked on Page 17 by Click Activity.
- No button will be clicked on Page 18 and on Page 19 Check mark will be clicked by Click Activity.
SAR file will start uploading. Bot will monitor the process continuously as it takes around 20 minutes to get installed and then it clicks on finish button. This is done in the following way :-
- Loop is started by Start Loop Activity and following condition is given in Exit Loop condition in above page :-
- Refresh button will be clicked and line in bottom will be checked.
- If the line exists control is passed again to Start Loop Activity and again refresh button will be clicked and line will be checked by Exit Loop condition again.
- When SAR file will be uploaded then the line will not appear in bottom and Exit Loop condition becomes true. Control will be passed to Page 23 and finish button will be clicked by Click Activity.
- Do Not Send will be clicked on Page 24 and control will be passed to Page 25.
- SAR File installed will be shown by Msgbox Activity.
- Exit button will be clicked on Page 26 and control will be passed to Page 27.
You would have got knowledge about Input and Output parameters, Looping Activities, Switch Activity etc.
SAP Intelligent RPA can be used to automate repetitive and tedious tasks. It will increase the efficiency of the employees as they can focus on other interesting tasks.