We have come a long way again and it is time for the next quarterly release, SAP Cloud Platform ABAP Environment 2002 (in the year 2020 the numbering looks a bit confusing…), that has been published last week! Please enjoy this quick read as a condensed overview – as always, for the full set of new features please refer to our official release notes.
- Support of variant CALL TRANSFORMATION (name) to call a dynamic transformation
- Support for XCO Generation to programmatically create, update and delete ABAP repository objects (only available on request via feature toggle)
ABAP RESTful Programming Model
- Support of drawing primary key values automatically in managed BO scenarios with UUID keys
- Support of results other that $self for actions and functions, including selective results
- Support for documentation of behavior definitions in the Knowledge Transfer Documentation Editor
ABAP Development Tools
- Support of copying all rows in Data Preview as ABAP value statement
- Enhanced ABAP Test Cockpit (ATC) default variant to show the result of syntax checks in the ATC Check result – this is helpful to find the usage of deprecated objects which is shown as a syntax warning in the ATC
- Support for branching of Software Components to create e.g. master and release branches
Custom Code Migration
- Enhanced visualization of the complexity of custom code migration projects via graphics
Technical Monitoring Cockpit
- Support of additional monitoring options (such as memory, network, performance etc.)
When an ABAP environment instance is initially created with parameter “development allowed”, the developer user role is created automatically and can directly be assigned to users. This eliminates the manual step of creating the role and hence reduces setup efforts.
To further support the onboarding process to ABAP environment, several more advanced tutorials have been added to the catalogue:
Stay tuned for further updates, there is more to come e.g. in the area of sizing flexibility!