This blog describes how SAP digital payments add-on can simplify the connection between business applications in S/4HANA and payment service providers
Enterprises doing business globally via various selling channels and with changing business models (i.e. B2C, B2B, online shops, POS) need to offer digital payment methods such as credit card or real-time payments like PayPal to their customers. To do so, SAP customers (especially in ECC) used to build and maintain point-to-point connections from their SAP software systems to their Payment Service Providers (PSP) – clearly a complex and maintenance intensive process for their IT department. A change of service provider or introduction of a new payment method was usually only possible via another cost intensive implementation project. Not to mention the risk of data loss if critical credit card data is stored in the ERP and the high costs for PCI DSS* certification resulting from this.
SAP therefore provides a new integration platform running in the SAP Cloud Platform (public cloud), enabling out-of-the-box and standardized connections between various business applications and the PSPs:
SAP digital payments add-on is the alternative to complex customer-specific implementations with built-in integration to various SAP / non SAP products and components:
- Out-of-the-box integration into various SAP and non-SAP order/sale-to-cash processes
(B2B, B2C, online shops, etc.)**
- Offers flexibility and access to multiple digital payment methods while automating cash reconciliation
- Reduces audit costs and supports secure incoming payment card & other real time payment transactions using tokenization – no sensitive data is stored in the ERP
- Compliant according to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
- Stable and harmonized interfaces for all SAP and also non-SAP solutions
- Operation, maintenance, and support of connectivity centrally managed by SAP (SaaS) – no need for customers to operate SAP Cloud Platform individually
As part of the official SAP roadmap, new payment service providers are planned in the upcoming releases. Using a self-enablement approach, partners are welcome to integrate to SAP’s platform via partner API and offering their services to all SAP customers. More PSPs are currently finalizing their integration and certification and thus will become available to all SAP customers soon.
Your PSP of choice is not yet listed? Please approach SAP and we will do our best and work together with our customers to make it happen!
More information on available Payment Services Providers, functions and features: