If you’re looking for examples of how SAP Fiori actually helps users get their work done more easily: we have created a series of two minute videos with some concrete examples, including for the first time some examples showing the Situations approach for surfacing machine intelligence, and an example showing the seamless integration of SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP Analytics Cloud.
The SAP Fiori 3 target design aims to enhance SAP Fiori to support consistency, intelligence and integration. Many SAP products now already provide first steps towards consistency by supporting the SAP Fiori 3 theme “Quartz Light” and the shell header bar; below you can see first examples for intelligence and integration.
The series starts with two introductory videos, which some of you may have already seen:
- The SAP Fiori User Experience for SAP S/4HANA – an overview of how all users profit from SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA.
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1908 – SAP Fiori 3 – an overview of the first steps available today on the SAP Fiori 3 journey, published in August 2019.
The subsequent three videos each give an example of how a user can quickly and easily perform a given task using SAP S/4HANA with SAP Fiori, and are updated versions of the three videos I published a year ago, with additional content:
- Keep costs down by monitoring materials without contract (Procurement). This shows an example leveraging machine learning, and also shows the SAP Fiori design for explaining machine intelligence to end users.
- Find things quickly and easily using Search in the SAP Fiori launchpad (Sales).
- Fast and effective receivables processing (Financials) – also here showing an example of the SAP Fiori design for explaining machine intelligence to end users.
Two of the next three videos show how the Situations approach introduced by SAP Fiori helps SAP S/4HANA users deal with important but not-so-common business situations, and one shows the seamless integration between SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP Analytics Cloud:
- Situations: quantity deficit in supplier’s delivery. Situation handling helps when suppliers cannot deliver the full amount, by notifying you and proposing alternative suppliers (Procurement).
- Manage planned project profitability quickly and easily with SAP S/4HANA Cloud integrated with SAP Analytics Cloud (Professional Services) – an example for seamless integration.
- Situations: Free text items for catalog. Situation handling helps you keep costs down by recognizing common free-text orders and recommending catalog updates (Procurement).
If you are not familiar with the Situations approach, let me summarize it briefly: it is a powerful approach for helping users deal with not-so frequent but important business situations. The system
- recognizes when a business situation occurs;
- notifies the responsible user;
- provides the user with an explanation of the situation, and
- provides guidance and recommendations on how to deal with it.
Identifying a business situation and determining appropriate recommended actions can be done using machine learning or rule-based. The power of the approach comes from the way it helps users: the notification means they are informed in a timely manner, and the explanation and recommended actions mean that users can save a lot of time by having all the relevant information presented to them in one place, rather than having to search for it themselves throughout the system.
The Situations approach is under continuous further development, and is one of the key elements of the SAP Fiori 3 target design, so stay tuned to learn about further improvements going forward.
For more insights into the currently supported design concepts behind the situations approach, have a look at the Situation Handling section in the SAP Fiori design guidelines.