As we know, Postprocessing Office is the main log for synchronization issues created by Customer Vendor Integration (CVI) independent on synchronization direction. I’ve heard so often from customer, partners, colleagues the questions: How to use PPO? How to select? How to process issues?
In this blog I would like to make you familiar with PPO and give you some hints. I will focus on Customer-Vendor-Integration (CVI).
What is the Postprocessing Office (PPO)?
PPO replaces application log for certain processes as of CVI synchronisation processes. Every issue is tracked in Postprocessing Office and represents an Postprocessing Order.
Postprocessing Office can be used to rework issues and trigger synchronization again. In case of CVI Postprocessing Orders can be created by following reports/transactions:
- Transactions to change/create customers/vendors with active CVI in ECC
- Transaction BP to create/change Business Partner with active CVI in ECC (very seldom)
- Transaction MDS_LOAD_COCKPIT for mass synchronization of customers/vendors in CVI activation process
- Transaction BP to create/change Business Partner in SAP S/4HANA
PPO should be checked periodically to avoid data inconsistencies during CVI synchronization.
How to access Postprocessing Office?
There are two main ways to reach Postprocessing Office:
- From MDS_LOAD_COPICKT as an integrated button
- Starting Postprocessing Office directly using transaction MDS_PPO2
Start Postprocessing Office from transaction MDS_LOAD_COCKPIT
- Choose your Synchronization Process
- Navigate to ‘Monitor’ tab
- Mark your synchronization run from list with red status
- Choose button ‘Call PPO’
- At the next screen you will see all related PPO orders for post processing.
Start Postprocessing Office directly
- Run transaction MDS_PPO2
- Selection screen
- At the next screen you will see all related PPO orders for post processing
Filter PPO orders
At PPO order screen you can filter on different criteria based on displayed columns
Dependent on synchronization direction (Business Process) you have to process PPO and correct data in source object. Meaning:
Business Partner -> Customer: correct Business Partner data
Business Partner -> Vendor: correct Business Partner data
Customer -> Business Partner: correct Customer data
Vendor -> Business Partner: correct Vendor data
Double-click at one of the PPO orders for post processing
Detail screeen is opening
Navigation into Business Parnter transaction starts
Depending on error, navigate to error data in Business Partner. In this case Tax Number is wrong at least in length.
Correct data and save.
After saving correction navigate back to PPO order
Execute ‘Individual Synchronization’
After individual Synchronization navigate back to PPO oder overview screen.
If no other error occured, status light switches to green. Sometime you have to refresh PPO order overview using ‘Refresh’ button.
If you refresh PPO overview corrected PPO order will disappear
Note: with implementing
SAP note 2874287 – Export function missing in Postprocessing Desktop
you will get the possibility to download PPO orders in Excel file