What’s new with Content Innovation 15
In this blog post, we will cover more details on newly added and enhanced packages with Content Innovation 15 – Q1 2020 (released Feb 14th , 2020)
Here is an overview of the updates including screenshots. More screenshots and details can be found on the SAP Analytics Cloud Website, in the Roll-out Slide Deck or in the documentation. Also, find the latest information on YouTube.
Lines of Business:
- Financial Planning & Analysis for SAP S/4HANA Cloud (BPE)
- Financial Products Subledger IFRS17 for S/4HANA
- Field Service Management
- Integrated Financial Planning for SAP S/4HANA
- Intelligent Asset Management
- Procurement for SAP S/4HANA Cloud (BPE)
- Qualtrics – Customer Satisfaction Score
- Receivables Management for SAP S/4HANA Cloud (BPE)
- Supply Base Optimization
- Trade Management
- Treasury Management for SAP S/4HANA Cloud (BPE)
The Trading and Risk Manager provides for a general assessment of profitability as information to the management board – based on allocated income and cost positions across multiple dimensions including profit centers, product types, trading desks and org units
- Market news feed
- Commodity risk current view
- Position (future component physical & hedges)
- Position (basis / differential / premium)
- Position (price type)
- Mark-to-Market (MtM)
- Commodity risk end of day
- As for current view, selectable day
- Commodity risk day over day
- As for current view, selectable period
- Delta MtM explained / Trading Profit & Loss
Business partner contract & risk analysis, all per counterparty
- Open contract value
- MtM risk
- Unrealised contract quantity
- Contract quantity due for delivery
- Contract pricing status
- Future component unpriced contracts requiring rolling or pricing
Live Models, with responsive pages, mobile enabled
This content package covers the following topics:
A 360° financial health and performance view for High Tech (3D Printer) company. Dive into product sales, revenue and expense by products to understand the areas that are impacting your bottom-line profit and areas for growth.
Plan and simulate:
Connect areas of your business and run simulations in one area to see how it will impact other areas. They are typically made up of four different node types, each performing different functions. Running a simulation can project how much you are likely to make in coming years. This information can help inform business decisions such as increasing inventory to match projected demand, allocating resources to hiring more staff, or justifying the cost of a new campaign.
Integrated status of each LoB:
Understand the correlation between different Line-of-businesses within the organization and how it affects the financial health of the company.
S/4 HANA, CRM, Concur, SuccessFactors, Ariba, Fieldglass
Overview: The content package consists of stories in the Real Estate Management dashboard :
- Location Management
- Contract & Lease Management
- Real estate manager get a Portfolio Overview globally, regional or on-site level. Indicators like size, age, occupancy, and ownership are visible high level and allow further deep dive for details. Various story filters support quick access to the most relevant key figures.
- Area Details support analyses about space usage in sqm. Categories like workspaces are in focus for corporate real estate managers and main drivers for measurement of building efficiency.
- Occupancy Details contribute to efficient workplace management. The number of target capacity compared to occupied and available workplaces – separated by workplace types like dedicated, shared or hot desk, allows this insight to action.
- Workspace Utilization Details provide transparency and insights on actual office workspace utilization. Based on sensor measurements, corporate real estate managers can analyze the usage of workplaces and spaces.
Contract & Lease Management
- A Rent Overview provides transparency about base & gross rent as well as top leases, also available in a Country View.
- Most Critical Dates can be observed by time filter, rules, and status.
- Contract Valuation analyses by relevance, cash flow types, contract partners per country are shown beside a detailed table view.
Best Practices for Financial Planning & Analysis for SAP S/4HANA Cloud using SAP Analytics Cloud.
Real-time integration between SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP Analytics Cloud:
SAP Real-time Financial Analytics for SAP S/4HANA Cloud enables analysts or planners to dive into SAP S/4HANA Cloud using a real-time connector. Accelerators include a prebuilt set of LIVE analytical dashboards, key performance indicators, and P&L/Balance Sheet reports (Best Practice Analytics scope item 1U8).
Financial Statement, Cost Center, and Profit Center Planning:
SAP Financial Planning for SAP S/4HANA Cloud enables planners to complete a Cost Center, Profit Center, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow plan in SAP Analytics Cloud based on financial information sources for SAP S/4HANA Cloud. Accelerators include: planning input templates, planning calculations, and a planning process flow (Best Practice Analytics scope item 2EB).
Trend Analysis, Variance Analysis, and Year-over-Year Analysis:
SAP Financial Analysis for SAP S/4HANA Cloud enables analysts or planners to analyze trends, variances, and growth rates for both Actuals and Plan in SAP Analytics Cloud. Accelerators mirror the content in Real-time Financial Planning for SAP S/4HANA Cloud (Best Practice Analytics scope item 2EB & 2IJ).
Integration between SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP S/4HANA Cloud:
SAP delivers best practice methodologies to integrate financial results from SAP S/4HANA Cloud into SAP Analytics Cloud, plus retract Plan data back into SAP S/4HANA Cloud. Best Practice methodology establishes SAP S/4HANA Cloud as the primary source of master data and financial structures.
Re-introducing the Rolling Forecast Template as the default input template, in alignment with Workforce Planning and Sales Planning for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, along with minor integration documentation updates
Cost Center Expense Budgeting:
This content facilitates the cost center budgeting process including capturing expenses and applying functions that support budget simulation using historical or driver factors. This process is integrated with availability control functionality and budget consistency checks in SAP S/4HANA.
Cost Center Activity Planning:
This content facilitates the complete cost center planning process including allocations, activity quantity planning and activity price calculation. It also supports the planning administrator with powerful functions to prepopulate the planning screens based on past actual data.
This content facilitates the sales and revenue planning process including sales price and sales quantity planning, revenue and deduction calculation. It also supports the planner with simulation capabilities based on past actual data.
This content facilitates sales and revenue planning process as described before and combines the outcome of cost and activity planning, product cost simulation, and revenue planning by deriving the product profitability.
Product Cost Simulation:
This content facilitates the simulation of product related costs based on S/4 actual and cost estimate data considering quantity structure, raw material price, lot size and overhead costs for product cost rates.
Product cost simulation and profitability planning are now part of the financial planning process in SAP Analytics Cloud and complete the integrated planning process between planning the included scenarios (e.g. by transfer of Sales quantities into Product Cost Simulation and for Cost Center Activity Price Calculation).
Revenue Planning, Cost Center Planning and Budgeting, Profitability Planning and Product Cost Simulation are based on the SAP S/4HANA data model in FI-CO and fully integrated with it. Master data and transaction data from SAP S/4HANA can be loaded and planning results can be written back into S/4HANA. The complete integration is part of the content delivery and is available out of the box.
This scope item provides pre-built analytical dashboards and digital boardroom content that help the executive management and senior management in understanding the key drivers in the underlying business processes related to Procurement.
- Increase efficiency with highly integrated solution to eliminate data silos and make digital access simple, secure, and scalable and reduce errors in reconciliations in the procurement area.
- Pre-built set of analytical dashboards and reports help you analyze purchase spend, off contract spend and Service Purchase Order for robust analytics on SAP S/4HANA Cloud data.
- Enhanced executive Digital Boardroom experience options for your customers.
- Real-time comparison of Purchase Order/Service Order Amount by Calendar Month, Supplier & Material Group, Purchasing Group and Time series chart using the predictive functionalities with SAP Analytics cloud.
- Procurement pre-built SAP Analytics Cloud content and dashboards which allow for robust analytics on S/4HANA cloud data with drill down functionality for procurement and status tracking analysis.
- Lists top 5 Purchase Order/Service Purchase Order amount by Plant Cost Center, Supplier, Material Group, Service Purchase Order net amount by status over time.
- Real time Service Spend analytics with SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
- Analyzing in real-time the consumption of central purchase contracts residing in SAP S/4HANA for central procurement
This scope item provides pre-built analytical dashboards that help the executive and senior management to monitor key drivers and trends in the receivable management process
- SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) provides a comprehensive tool for strategic live-data analysis in receivable management. A highly integrated solution that increases efficiency, eliminates data silos and make digital access simple, secure, and scalable.
- For Dispute Management you can analyze, for example: Which customers raise the most disputes? For what reason? How long does it take to process them?
- For Collections Management you can see how many customers were contacted by your collection specialists and what is the processing status of the collection worklists.
- For Credit Management you can analyze your customer credit exposure with regard to credit limit utilization, risk classes, countries among others.
Field Service Performance Dashboard:
This content provides you an overview of your Field Service Performance and shows relevant key performance indicators which can help improve processes. See, what the satisfaction of your customers in you is, or how often Technicians were not able to finish a task on the first visit.
Also, get an overview of your created Service Calls, Activities and Time and Material Journal from different point of views.
This content provides you an overview of your Field Service Capacity. It compares your available hours of capacity based on WorkTimePatterns to the already available Jobs.
Also you can distinguish between internal and external Workforce as well as which Jobs have not been assigned to anyone yet.
Based on OData Service SAPFSM
The SAP Intelligent Asset Management stories are supposed to illustrate what their data could look like in SAC stories. One of the stories (…Fleet) is intended to be shown in the IAM Analytics Dashboards application. The other story (…Equipment) is intended to be shown on the IAM equipment object page. There are no sample stories for the other three IAM applications where SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) can be displayed, Models, Locations, Spare Parts.
You can view how many objects of each of the six supported data types (equipment, models, locations, spare parts, notifications, work orders) you have. You can further show each of these broken down by a dimension which you can select. For illustrative purposes this also shows tables of equipment and models, as well as a time chart for notification creation dates.
You can view how many notifications and work orders you have for this equipment, and how they are broken down by some dimensions. You can also see a heat map comparing the status and priority of the notifications and work orders.
Based on OData connection.
This content package covers the following topics:
- Campaign Analytics
Overview of the campaign success, for example email, facebook, paid social campaigns including the ability to drill down on various dimensions.
- Contacts and Profiles
Overview of new and existing contacts, the channels used by the contacts, the distribution of interests across channels or communication media and an overview of the average sentiments captured, for example, from the social media channels Facebook, Google+, or Twitter.
- Lead and Accounts
KPIs for leads and accounts, opportunities, lead stages, interests, products and lead nurture stream.
- Marketing Executive Dashboard
Comprehensive set of (key performance indicator)KPIs allowing marketing executives to review the success of marketing investments, and provide a comprehensive overview of KPI attainment and marketing performance benchmarks.
- Marketing Planning and Performance
Overview of marketing planning spend and the resulting conversions.
- Offer Management
Overview of offers that are planned during the next 3 months and detailed analysis and comparison of the success of offers that were valid during the last 3 months.
- Marketing Data Analysis
Summary of mobile push notifications for last 6 months and overview of the experience dimension which is measurable using Qualtrics Net Promoter Score(NPS).
SAP Marketing Cloud and On Premise based on live connection.
Customer satisfaction (CSAT) helps you understand the relationship your customers have with your brand or product. The Qualtrics survey for Customer satisfaction (CSAT)focuses on understanding customers’ experiences at key moments in the customer journey.
Get a total overview of your Customer satisfaction (CSAT) survey for selected products, be it trend of your survey responses and Customer satisfaction (CSAT), geographical and demographic results, likelihood of purchase, willingness to recommend and understanding of negative comments.
Get into the details of all attributes addressed in your survey to analyse the satisfaction level and importance given to them by your survey respondents.
Get further insights into your survey results by analyzing customer service engagement and all details on demographic responses.
Freely analyze the responses based on measures and dimensions of your choice.
Qualtrics connector used to get survey results for a project based on XM Solution Automated Project CSAT.
The Treasury Executive Dashboard visualizes real-time insights into treasury operations for treasury executives and includes key performance indicators,
such as liquidity, cash position, debt volume and structure, counterparty limits, volume of bank guarantees, and market trends.
The presented data are from all Treasury-relevant application areas, such as Cash and Liquidity Management, Treasury and Risk Management,
and Financial Accounting.
The Treasury Executive Dashboard consists of the following tabs:
- Liquidity: Shows the liquidity as (key performance indicator)KPI and analyzed by different attributes, such as regions,
company codes, financial position groups, financial positions, and currency.
- Cash Management: Shows your cash position forecast, mid-term liquidity forecast, as well
as actual cash flows.
- Indebtedness: Monitor (key Performance Indicator)KPIs related to the debt of your company and analyzed by different
- Counterparty Risk: Get the overview on the limit utilization and free limits of a specific limit
type by counterparty and counterparty ratings.
- Bank Guarantee: Get an overview of the volume and average fee rate of bank guarantees.
- Market Overview: Shows the trend for different market rates as (key performance indicator )KPIs and analyzed by
- Enables Treasury Executives to get real-time insights into treasury operations
- Enables Treasury Executives to identify the biggest risks and opportunities
in Treasury Management
- Enables Treasury Executives to analyze trends of key performance indicators
Based on data acquisition from (Core Data Services)CDS views designed in SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1911 for Treasury Management. Content is delivered with scope item 49P.
The S/4HANA for FPSL IFRS17 comprises a SAP Analytics Cloud Story for subledger reporting based on the specifications of IFRS17. In detail, the following pages are provided in the SAP Analytics Cloud story:
- Overview Page with KPI Tiles, enabled for exploration and Charts
- Date Intake Analysis with the possibility to further explore data in the Cashflows table widget
- Analysis of Change – Profit and Loss for GMM (General Measurement Model)
- Profit and Loss for PAA (Premium Allocation Approach)
- Subledger Postings with a detailed Overview of the posting documents
360 degree overview of spend and savings summary based on various dimensions such as negotiation project, commodity group, supply base manager, quarter, supplier, and manufacturer
Analytics with real time data helps in better understanding of spend and savings from the various viewpoints. The visual representation makes data analysis and comparison easy which in turn enables supply base managers and directors make informed decisions without any delay.
Fitting visualizations and context information with slicing and dicing capabilities.
Decision Making Made Easy:
As a result:
Effective and efficient analysis of data leading to better negotiation with suppliers.
Based on SAP HANA Live Connection to SAP Supply Base Optimization application.
This content package covers the following topics:
Trade Management provides content in the areas of Customer Business Planning and Advanced Trade Management Analytics.
- Monthly Sales Review:
The Monthly Sales Review Dashboard and the specific detailed (key performance indicator) KPI pages are used by consumer products manufacturers to review the performance of retailers and categories right down to product level. The key audience targeted comprises sales directors and key account managers.
- Sell-In/Sell-Out Comparison Report:
Provides an overview of sell-in and sell-out volumes based on a common unit of measure and shows how the retailer’s stock builds up and reduces over time.
- Retailer View:
In consumer products industries, the key account manager (KAM) often talks to the retailer to review how the business plan is progressing and to discuss upcoming and completed activities such as trade promotions. It is important that a Key Account Manager can access key information on the plan from a retailer’s perspective. This includes data such as retailer profit and retailer margin. Typically, the retailer uses a formula to calculate his margin that is different from the one the manufacturer uses. Sell-out data is also very important for this scenario.
- Trade Promotion Details:
In consumer products industries, the Key Account Manager needs an overview of the planned promotion and, following execution of the promotion, a comparison between planned and actual values. The Key Account Manager also needs to be able to see the key promotion details quickly in a compact format. Filtering by shelf or list prices, applied merchandizing tactics, or (key performance indicator )KPIs is also required for reporting purposes. After the promotion has been executed, information on how the promotion performed (planned vs. actual) is also needed.
Leave us a comment below in case you have any questions or suggestions on how content could be improved.
You want to stay up-to-date? Paste this into your RSS feed-reader and subscribe.