How to build a Service KPIs dashboard with Focused Insights for SAP Solution Manager
In this tutorial, we are going to work with some standard KPIs for IT Service Management:
- Number of New Incidents
- Number of Closed Incidents
- Number of Software installation
The objective is to create a control center dashboard displaying the following information:
- Overview tiles with text status to report SLAs compliancy.
- Trend history table for the last months.
- Column chart to control the incidents resolutions efficiency.
- Trend line chart for number of software installations.
Step I: Create Custom Table containing your Measurements
You need to maintain a simple custom table containing the measurements of your KPIs.
- Metrics like “number of incidents closed” are stored as Integer.
- A time dimension is introduced as table key with the TIMESTAMP field.
STEP II: Populate Table with your Measurements
Then, you need to create the corresponding measurements in the table.
The data are stored in a RAW format as the aggregation on times or categorical dimensions will be managed later by the dashboards.
STEP III: Define your Data Model
Describe your data Model with 3 types of Attributes:
- Dimensions: Columns representing your filters (ex: incident processor)
- Key Figures: Columns representing your measurements,
- Timestamp: Unique field for time-axis resolutions.
The /STDF/DP_TAB_SRC_SRC table contains the definition of model. You just need to add a new row in this table as shown below:
STEP IV: Create the dashboard
By using the DP_TABLE data provider, you have access to all your measures and dimensions.
Select the corresponding alias in the first tab of the Focused Insights query.
STEP V: Add an HTML Text
Start the ABAP report /STDF/HTML_CONTENT_LOAD to create an HTML Text identified with a unique ID.
The data are stored in an internal table named /STDF/HTML_CONT.
STEP VI: Display HTML Text via HTML_RENDERER
In your dashboard, select the HTML_RENDERER and configure it with the TITLE of your text.
STEP VII: Distribute the dashboard URL in your organisation
Check the dashboard in the SAP Solution Manager Demo System.