The Pace of Innovation of the Ecosystem contributes to SAP’s Business ByDesign Success
SAP Business ByDesign and its extensibility concept has been a key message from the very early days of product existence (picture including Solution Extensions). Mainly, the Partner Development Infrastructure (PDI) in addition to openness-check with Knut Heusermann’s great blogs on API, OData, Public Solution Model, etc.- enable customers and partners to build extensions that provide a competitive advantage and are compatible in each and every SAP ByD release. Certainly, successful partners have fully leveraged this capability and were a basis to most of the success stories in cloud ERP- but still many of our innovations have not reached our larger community consisting of customers, prospects, and SAP engaged teams.
With this blog, I would like to contribute to the market knowledge about our partner innovations BUT also ask partners to share their latest and greatest innovation successes with me or the SAP Product Management. I will keep this blog as central entry point to share, in a quarterly update, upcoming innovations by partners.
My information will be based on four fundamental pillars and interconnected activities supported by us in Product Management:
- Delivering innovation by partners into our Public Roadmap for the first time (starting with release 2002 onwards)
- Taking the accountability to catalyze onboarding partners in our digital marketplace- SAP App Center
- Active communication with our SAP ByD community via blogs (e.g. Commerce Add-on or Localization and partner driven solution) or official social media group at LinkedIn
- Increasing the internal awareness to our installed base (customers and partners) via newsletters showcasing recently published apps in the SAP App Center
- (new) New section: Solution Extensions supporting Release Highlights, internal and external sessions.
Public roadmap will include information about innovation by partners: The new section inside our public roadmap aims to show the importance of partner innovation as part of the product success and also supports the awareness of innovation delivered by partners. All of them listed (*) are in the process of publication into the SAP App Center once passed the criteria set for publication. (picture: August 2020)
SAP App Center and SAP Business ByDesign. Our digital enterprise marketplace for partners was launched nearly two years ago. It is namely our “de-facto” partner listing and go-to destination for customers looking for industry-specific solutions, 3rd party integration, or add-ons supporting local requirements.
It is also the only place where SAP ByD partners- with more than 6000 add-ons deployed on productive customers- AND all the 3rd party software that integrate with SAP ByD should consider publishing their applications. About 5000 companies running SAP ByD globally will get an advantage on this portal.
There are several new applications, which partners have published in the last weeks. In the following list (date: August 2020), there are just a few to be highlighted for you below and more will be published.
- Stock Transfer Order Uploader: Using a very simple Excel template, you can quickly and easily upload and create multiple stock transfer orders in SAP Business ByDesign, avoiding manual data entry and saving time
- Bank Communication: A secure banking communication solution based on the EBICS TS protocol between SAP ByDesign and banks. It automates and secures file transfers: account statements, SEPA Credit Transfer Orders, and Direct Debits orders.
- Equipment Maintenance: This solution provides better visibility of the maintenance process allowing you to not only improve the lifecycle of the assets but also reduces the potential future breakdowns. In addition, the cost and spare parts consumed as part of the maintenance activities are also tracked.
- eInvoice Integration: The app for the simple and integrated creation and sending of XInvoices: There is an obligation to send electronic invoices (XRechnungen) to public authorities from 7.11.2020 in Germany. Paper or pure PDF invoices will then no longer be accepted.
In addition the following partner solutions are in the process of publication (date: August 2020) as it was shared to me:
- Ariba integration (Alluvia)
- Colombia localization (Actiobyte)
- Localization extensions for Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar and Angola (Arete)
- Hungary localization (Snap Int)
- Service4cloud, Down payment4cloud and Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment/WEEE4cloud (all4cloud)
- E-invoice Mexico, Laboratory Certification, DIOT report (Dintec)
- Integration with Salesforce (elastic.io)
Community blogs and social media: During the last 2 years, many news were released in our official SAP Group SAP ByD Linked-in channel. A number of partners shared their innovation experience through this channel. In addition, the SAP product management team shows its commitment to the SAP ByD Community by posting blogs into selected areas relevant for partners like “integrate and Extend SAP ByD” (e.g. enhance standard forms and create custom forms; API Overview, etc) or “Localization” (e.g. Localization and partner driven solutions; Localization toolkit, etc)
Customer Newsletter: Our installed base gets regular SAP ByD information reports which also deliver selected partner app published within the SAP App Center.
(NEW) Release highlights 2008: During the roll in and roll out sessions organized by Kristof Schneider, we have included new section called: Solution Extensions. The following applications developed by partners have been selected.
- All for One Steeb: eInvoice Integration
All for One Steeb – eInvoice Integration enables an automated transformation of the XML file from SAP Business ByDesign into the desired XSLT Xinvoice format (Blog).
- Projexia: Multi-Project Resource Scheduler
MPRS is an SAP Business ByDesign add-on that boosts its project management capabilities by allowing project managers and resource planners to quickly assign several services and resources to different project tasks and get full visibility on their resources’ workload and availability (Video)
Just closing with an active call-to-action for innovation worth sharing supporting SAP ByD product strategy as it increases the attractiveness for the market.
As many of you have already realized, I regularly update all of the channels described above and share partner innovation with our ecosystem of customers, partners and prospects. If you need additional information, let me know on my blog.
Stay connected this year!