The Pace of Innovation of the Ecosystem contributes to SAP’s Business ByDesign Success
SAP Business ByDesign and its extensibility concept has been a key message from the very early days of product existence (picture including Solution Extensions). Mainly, the Partner Development Infrastructure (PDI) in addition to openness-check with Knut Heusermann’s great blogs on API, OData, Public Solution Model, etc.- enable customers and partners to build extensions that provide a competitive advantage and are compatible in each and every SAP ByD release. Certainly, successful partners have fully leveraged this capability and were a basis to most of the success stories in cloud ERP- but still many of our innovations have not reached our larger community consisting of customers, prospects, and SAP engaged teams.
With this blog, I would like to contribute to the market knowledge about our partner innovations BUT also ask partners to share their latest and greatest innovation successes with me or the SAP Product Management. I will keep this blog as central entry point to share, in a quarterly update, upcoming innovations by partners.
My information will be based on four fundamental pillars and interconnected activities supported by us in Product Management:
- Delivering innovation by partners into our Public Roadmap for the first time (starting with release 2002 onwards)
- Taking the accountability to catalyze onboarding partners in our digital marketplace- SAP App Center
- Active communication with our SAP ByD community via blogs (e.g. Commerce Add-on or Localization and partner driven solution) or official social media group at LinkedIn
- Increasing the internal awareness to our installed base (customers and partners) via newsletters showcasing recently published apps in the SAP App Center
SAP App Center. Our digital enterprise marketplace for partners was launched nearly two years ago. It is namely our “de-facto” partner listing and go-to destination for customers looking for industry-specific solutions, 3rd party integration, or add-ons supporting local requirements.
It is also the only place where SAP ByD partners- with more than 6000 add-ons deployed on productive customers- AND all the 3rd party software that integrate with SAP ByD should consider publishing their applications. About 5000 companies running SAP ByD globally will get an advantage on this portal.
There are several new applications, which partners have published in the last weeks. In the following list, there are just a few to be highlighted for you below and more will be published.
- Signature Integration: customers can rely on a digital signing process which will shorten the document processing time significantly, leaving out paperwork, extensive processes as well as inconvenient and expensive administrative tasks such as printing, scanning, faxing or mailing of documents and contracts.
- Thailand Localization: Beyond the legal requirements, ARABICA comes with functions to support local requirements such as Billing Cover Sheet and Thai Style form templates. The package is already certified by the Thai Revenue Department of Thailand No.0550.
- FORCAM FORCE™ manufacturer-independent and expandable cloud manufacturing platform solution with MES functionality for the industrial Internet Things (IoT/IIoT).
In addition the following partner solutions are in the process of publication as it was shared to me:
- Few more localization extensions driven by partners like Portugal and UAE (Seidor), or Slovakia (SNAP Int)
- Integration with YoY Distributed Ledger (Sine-qua-non); Hybrid platform integration (elastic.io), Concur (erplogic), Chat box for logistic (Agilita)
- Business Process extension in Project Management with Multi Project Resources Scheduler (Projexia), Staff meeting (All for One Steeb) or Budget Control (Seidor)
Public roadmap will include information about innovation by partners: The new section inside our public roadmap aims to show the importance of partner innovation as part of the product success and also supports the awareness of innovation delivered by partners. All of them listed (*) are in the process of publication into the SAP App Center once passed the criteria set for publication.
Community blogs and social media: During the last 2 years, many news were released in our official SAP Group SAP ByD Linked-in channel. A number of partners shared their innovation experience through this channel. In addition, the SAP product management team shows its commitment to the SAP ByD Community by posting blogs into selected areas relevant for partners like “integrate and Extend SAP ByD” (e.g. enhance standard forms and create custom forms; API Overview, etc) or “Localization” (e.g. Localization and partner driven solutions; Localization toolkit, etc)
Customer Newsletter: Our installed base gets regular SAP ByD information reports which also deliver selected partner app published within the SAP App Center.
Just closing with an active call-to-action for partners to share with us any partner innovation supporting SAP ByD product strategy and increasing the value of partner portfolio for the market. I will feed regularly all of the channels described above to share your innovation with customers and prospects as I intend to unveil the partner experience and stay connected with many of you attending at our upcoming SMB Innovation Summit 2020
Stay connected this year!