The Pace of Innovation of the Ecosystem contributes to SAP’s Business ByDesign Success
SAP Business ByDesign and its extensibility concept has been a key message from the very early days of product existence (picture including Solution Extensions). Mainly, the Partner Development Infrastructure (PDI) in addition to openness, enable customers and partners to build extensions that provide a competitive advantage and are compatible in each and every SAP ByD release. Certainly, successful partners have fully leveraged this capability and were a basis to most of the success stories in cloud ERP- but still many of our innovations have not reached our larger community consisting of customers, prospects, and SAP engaged teams.
With this blog, I would like to contribute to the market knowledge about our partner innovations BUT also ask partners to share their latest and greatest innovation successes with me or the SAP Product Management. I will keep this blog as central entry point to share, in a quarterly update, upcoming innovations by partners.
As of April 2021 the partner add-ons roadmap slide below is up to date (Note: this slide is published in the public roadmap, April 2021) . This slide aims to increase the transparency on partner extensions and as part of our public roadmap, set the importance of partner innovation for SAP ByD product success. Please note continue partner apps innovation continue and its publication at SAP Store will appear in the next weeks.
There are several new applications, which partners have published in the last weeks at SAP Store. In the following list (date: March 2021), there are just a few to be highlighted.Stay tune for upcoming partner apps soon!
- Shipping integration (Agilita): The solution enables you to seamlessly integrate your shipping service providers into your process.
- Royalty Management (InCloud Solutions): Calculate and manage royalty payments seamlessly
- Croatia localization (Snap Int): Beyond the legal requirements the multi customer solutions built in SAP Business ByDesign comes with functions to support local requirements such as the generation of the fiscal number and Croatian Style form templates.
- Service Calendar ( Snap Int): The service calendar allows you to follow your teams activities in one screen (daily view or weekly view), to add standard SAP ByDesign activities, to create notifications or to make follow up activities.
In addition the following partner solutions are in the process of publication (date: March 2021) as it was shared with me:
- Exchange Rate (Agilita)
- US Tax (Avalara)
- Chatbox for Sales (Seidor)
- Localization Ecuador (Seidor)
Release highlights 2102: During the roll in and roll out sessions organized by Kristof Schneider, we have included new section called: Solution Extensions. The following applications developed by partners have been selected.
- Product Valuation Type Uploader: When you need to update multiple products, manual data entry takes time. Now you can upload these as a single excel template and process them all in one go saving you time.
- Resource Planning for Projects (AllforOne Steeb): Intuitive employee self-planning. Not only employees can plan their resources, project managers and all other managers can see the planned employee times and get a quick overview of all resources.
- E-Invoice for Mexico (Dintec) add-on provides compliance for the Mexican government requirement of electronic invoicing automatically by connecting SAP Business ByDesign with the Authorized Certification Provider (PAC).
This information is based on below pillars and interconnected activities supported in Product Management:
- Delivering innovation by partners into our Public Roadmap (started with release 2002)
- Creating an initiative (since August 2019) to catalyze onboarding partners in our digital marketplace- SAP App Center
- Set an active communication and channel with our SAP ByD community via blogs, newsletters and social media group at LinkedIn
- Select and share partner solution extending our product strategy as part of the What’s new Session
- Partner expert area with blogs at SAP Community for SAP ByD
SAP Store and SAP Business ByDesign. Our digital enterprise marketplace for partners was launched nearly two years ago. It is namely our “de-facto” partner listing and go-to destination for customers looking for industry-specific solutions, 3rd party integration, or add-ons supporting local requirements.
It is also the only place where SAP ByD partners- with more than 7000 add-ons deployed on productive customers- AND all the 3rd party software that integrate with SAP ByD should consider publishing their applications. More than 9000 companies running SAP ByD globally will get an advantage on this portal.
Community blogs and social media: During the last 2 years, many news were released in our official SAP Group SAP ByD Linked-in channel. A number of partners shared their innovation experience through this channel. In addition, the SAP product management team shows its commitment to the SAP ByD Community by posting blogs into selected areas relevant for partners like “integrate and Extend SAP ByD” (e.g. enhance standard forms and create custom forms; API Overview, etc) or “Localization” (e.g. Localization and partner driven solutions; Localization toolkit, etc)
Customer Newsletter: Our installed base gets regular SAP ByD information reports which also deliver selected partner app published within the SAP Store.
Just closing with an active call-to-action for innovation worth sharing supporting SAP ByD product strategy as it increases the attractiveness for the market.
As many of you have already realized, I regularly update all of the channels described above and share partner innovation with our ecosystem of customers, partners and prospects. If you need additional information, let me know on my blog.
Keep connected with me on this amazing contribution to our product success!