The Pace of Innovation of the Ecosystem Contributes to SAP’s Business ByDesign Success (May 2023 update)
With this blog, I would like to contribute to the market knowledge about our partner innovations BUT also ask partners to share their latest and greatest innovation successes with me or the SAP Product Management. I will keep this blog as central entry point to share, in a quarterly update, upcoming innovations by partners
- With Release 2305 what’s new roll out, the partner innovation add-ons roadmap slide below is up to date (Note: the same slide appears at the updated public roadmap at ByD. I regularly update the partner innovation roadmap as many new add-ons are planned. Follow this blog to get latest updates).
This slide aims to increase the transparency on partner extensions and as part of our public roadmap, set the importance of partner innovation for SAP ByD product success. Let me remind once more, partner apps ongoing innovation and its publication at SAP Store will continue to grow in the next weeks, making the slide very dynamic every quarter. By end of 2023, I will expect to offer you from our ecosystem, about 150 partner solutions available at SAP Store, despite the fact some apps will be delisted if not complying with SAP Store publication rules.
2.New applications, partners have published in the last weeks at SAP Store. In the following list there are just a few to be highlighted. Stay tune for additional partner apps as announced in the roadmap above.
- E-sign Connector for SAP Business ByDesign: This solution integrates e-signing system (FADADA) with SAP Business ByDesign, enabling seamless integration of business with e-contract scenarios, which can help you complete contract signing online more efficiently.
- Localization for Country Burundi: This solution allows the customer to add country Burundi and withholding taxes to SAP Business ByDesign. It helps the customer to process the supplier’s invoice as per their local legal requirements and perform the withholding tax return, resulting in total tax payable to the tax authority.
- SEIDOR Shopify CPI Integration: The integration between Shopify and SAP allows for seamless communication and data exchange between the two systems. With this integration, web shop orders placed on the Shopify platform can be automatically transferred and listed in SAP Business ByDesign
- Netherlands Public Sector Solution: Enhance your SAP Business ByDesign with this package for the public sector in the Netherlands. The whole package contains six different solutions: BCF Solution, Capital Management, Loan Management, Dunning Strategy, Custom Purchase Order Solution and BRP/KVK Solution.
- Polish database of entrepreneurs: Ease the import of company data from the Polish Central Statistical Office.
3.SAP Store specific domain for SAP Business ByDesign
With Release 2108, SAP Store has evolved the guided search options and created a specific domain to host SAP Business ByDesign Partner apps by application area.Every release the site is updated with current apps to follow the principle to increase transparency of partner innovation supporting customer needs.
If you are interested to know details and what it takes two to tango, from a Product Management perspective, continue reading.
SAP Business ByDesign and its extensibility concept has been a key message from the very early days of product existence (picture including Solution Extensions). Mainly, the Partner Development Infrastructure (PDI) in addition to openness, enable customers and partners to build extensions that provide a competitive advantage and are compatible in each and every SAP ByD release. Certainly, successful partners have fully leveraged this capability and were a basis to most of the success stories in cloud ERP- but still many of our innovations have not reached our larger community consisting of customers, prospects, and SAP engaged teams.
What it takes Two to Tango initiative, is based on below assets and activities supported in Product Management roll out actions:
- Delivering regular innovation by partners into our Public Roadmap (since release 2002)
- Leading the initiative to catalyze the onboarding partners in our digital marketplace- SAP Store
- Set an active communication and channel in our SAP ByD community with blogs, newsletters and social media group at LinkedIn
- Manage the partner portfolio extending our product strategy as part of the What’s new Session
- Created a new partner expert area at SAP Community for SAP ByD including partner blogs
- Created new partner apps section by application areas at SAP ByD Mylaunchpad (Release 2108)
- Evolve SAP Store product for SAP Business ByDesign and partner success
- Maintain partner information at help.sap.com
- Improve Enterprise Search to evaluate if any partner innovation and experience is available at SAP Community via blog
SAP Store specific domain for SAP Business ByDesign. Our digital enterprise marketplace was launched nearly two years ago. It is namely our “de-facto” partner listing and go-to destination for customers looking for industry-specific solutions, 3rd party integration, or add-ons supporting local requirements.
In addition, SAP Solutions are being marketed via this channel. For instance, the “works with SAP ByD” category, includes now SAP EnableNow and SAP Translation Hub which are directly integrated in SAP ByD.
With Release 2108, SAP Store has evolved the guided search options and created a specific domain to host SAP Business ByDesign Partner apps by application area. This portal will help to create additional Demand Generation campaigns and ease the prospects to identify the most relevant apps offered in our market.
Community blogs and social media: During the last 2 years, many news were released in our official SAP Group SAP ByD Linked-in channel. A number of partners shared their innovation experience through this channel. In addition, the SAP Product Management team shows its commitment to the SAP ByD Community by posting blogs into selected areas relevant for partners like “integrate and Extend SAP ByD” (e.g. enhance standard forms and create custom forms; API Overview, etc) or “Localization” (e.g. Localization and partner driven solutions; Localization toolkit, etc)
Customer Newsletter: Our installed base gets regular SAP ByD information reports which also deliver selected partner app published within the SAP Store.
Just closing with an active call-to-action for innovation worth sharing supporting SAP ByD product strategy as it increases the attractiveness for the market.
As many of you have already realized, I regularly update all of the channels described above and share partner innovation with our ecosystem of customers, partners and prospects. If you need additional information, let me know on my blog.
Stay connected with me on this amazing contribution to our product success!
Great share, thanks Antonio!
Hola Antonio, thank you very much for this and other precious posts regarding the localization. I am currently struggling to find guidelines for the italian market, above all in accounting (i.e. Ri.Ba., emissione parcelle etc). Can you kindly indicate where/who to contact for this? During our presales to italian customers i get questions which sometimes I cannot answer properly, and this is of course lost opportunities for us and for SAP. Thanks in advance! G
thanks for your comments.
my best advise, it is alwaysto connect with our local product expert team. Country features for Italy are also part of the documentation posted in sap.help.com
The local team will support you or guide in the best options for the Italian market.
best regards, Antonio
Hi Antonio Sanchez Coullaut,
Is Hiby built with SAP Conversational AI technology?
Yes, you are correct. This chatbos is built using SAP Conversational AI technology.
For deeper details on this app, you can connect with the developer lead on his blog: https://blogs.sap.com/2021/04/14/hiby-chatbot-for-sap-business-bydesign/
Argentis is launching this vertical solution for fashion
check the link in the SAP store.
Thanks you very much for the heads up! The solution is not appearing in SAP ByD because the partner has not selected the "works with" category: SAP Business ByDesign.
I will revert to my SAP Store team colleagues to ask for clarification BUT I will definitely include on my list for internal actions.