SAP-MDGM: How to Create ‘Process Template’ for Multiple Processing in S/4 HANA
SAP MDG, consolidation and mass processing allows you to consolidate your master data and it enables you to run mass processes to update multiple master data records at a time.
To update multiple master data records, you can use Process Template. The process template specifies whether and in what configuration certain process steps are executed and in which order the steps apply.
In this document we will see how to create a Process Template for Materials.
To specify the Process Template, Run MDCIMG -> Consolidation and Mass Processing -> Configure Process Template -> Specify Process Template
To create new Process Template
- Create Process Template, using New Entries.
- Enter Template Name
- Choose Business Object Type – 147 Business Partner, 194 Material),
- Workflow Template WS54500001
- Name -MDC Workflow
- Choose Process Goal –
- Consolidation records can be loaded repeatedly to be consolidated. The records are not replicated to the source systems.
- Central Maintenance, records are loaded only once in the hub system. After being consolidated the records are replicated to the source systems. You can use SAP MDG, central governance to perform the central maintenance.
- Mass Update, a selection of active records is updated. The process steps matching, and best record calculation are not supported
(ref link for above point is mentioned at end of the page)
Define the Process Template Steps
- Choose a process template and choose Process Template Step
- Select New Entries.
- Enter a Step Number.
- Select a Step Type.
- Select a corresponding Adapter
- Select a corresponding Configuration ID.
- If you want the process to stop to review the data after finalizing this process step set the Check Point active indicator.
- In case you have set the Check Point indicator, choose one of the following options using the input help:
- No action control: The process can be continued by a user assigned to a role with the required authorization.
- Apply the four-eyes-principle: The process can be continued by a user assigned to a role with the required authorization except the requestor.
- Action is only allowed for requestor: The process can exclusively be continued by the requestor.
Define list of fields in template
Go to Scope fields and add list of fields required in template using New Entries.
Configurations for Activation of Material
Define the Activation Target for Material – This will define how material will be activated? Using Change Request, Direct Activation or No Activation
Define the Type of Change Request – if Material is required to be activated using Change Requests
How to Choose template when doing Mass Processing
Click on Create Process and Start Mass Process window will appear.
- Enter Description
- Choose Process Template – (which was created in MDCIMG)
- Choose file to upload
Refer this for more info: https://help.sap.com/doc/saphelp_mdg90/9.0.1/en-US/86/9b1154aeb08a24e10000000a4450e5/content.htm?no_cache=true
Above steps explains creation of Process Template which is used in MDG consolidation. It simplifies process of changing the multiple master data.
User can create multiple ‘process templates’ and add respective/desired fields, activation process and validation rules.
Thank you for the post, but i have a question related to some other tile in Consolidation and Mass Processing of business partner. Hope it is okay to ask about that.
Could you please let me know how we can achieve the Create Consolidation Business Partner.
I am also following the same link you mentioned for reference, but getting confused a bit.
But it would be really helpful if you write a blog for the same. ?
Thanks for review.
MDG Mass consolidation is big topic. Please let me know which particular topic you want me to write as a blog, or you are looking for general information about Mass consolidation.
Hi Viral Rami,
I have done the direct activation, data is available in MDG but it is not replicating to S4 Hana system,
Could you please let me know where i was missing.
Thanks in advance.