Basic functions of SAP Embedded Extended Warehouse Management (EWM) in S/4HANA
In this article, the integration of Extended Warehouse Management (EWM) from the SCM system is presented. EWM’s goal is to make processes controllable. The article is intended to provide an overview for experienced WM or EWM consultants. The necessary specialist knowledge is required, and the focus is on the special features.
Master and transaction data
For the EWM (Embedded EWM) integrated in S / 4HANA, a movement data and master data transfer via the Core Interface (CIF) is not necessary. Material master data can now be found not only in the MARA, MARC and MARD tables, but also in the table for the product master / SAPAPO / MATKEY. In EWM, products are the equivalent of the materials.
Using the Fiori apps “Maintain product” and Maintain products warehouse data you can add warehouse data to the data taken from the material master. The Fiori group also includes master data maintenance apps with regards to packaging specifications, storage locations, fixed storage locations, resources etc.
Goods receipt with delivery
With Embedded EWM, data exchange is leaner. A delivery notification is no longer generated, and the replication of the delivery takes place automatically via the qRFC interface (queue remote function call). The result is more transparency. So-called Radio Frequency Framework functions (RF ) are also available for truck unloading, goods receipt booking and storage. RF enables the use of mobile scanners and the use of barcodes (EAN 128).
• App Create Order including confirmation control “delivery”
• App Create Delivery, you can create the same with reference to the advanced shipping notification received and using the Create Handling Unit (HU) line. After entering the data (quantity, packaging material, HU type and number), select the line and choose Create delivery. Recently, an ERP and an EWM inbound delivery are now generated.
• App Maintain Delivery; Enter the delivery number one after the other, mark the document line and select the [Unload + Save], [Goods receipt + Save], [Create warehouse task] and [Confirm warehouse task] buttons. The goods are now in the staging area.
• Record inspection results. If quality assurance is planned, an inspection lot will automatically create in the background. You can then use transaction QA32 (If QIE integrated with external inspection) to enter the inspection results and make a usage decision. This changes the stock type, for example to unrestricted-use stock, blocked stock, etc. Finally, this warehouse task must be confirmed.
• App Create warehouse task handling units After entering the warehouse process type and the subsequent storage bin, click on [Create + Save], the goods are put into the final storage bin. The physical storage must then be acknowledged using the Confirm warehouse task app [Create + Save].
• In the order overview (ME23N) you will now find a material document for the goods receipt, in the inventory overview (MMBE) you can see the inventory change and in the Warehouse Management Monitor app you can track the inventory change at the storage bin level.
Goods issue with delivery
Starting from a sales order, you go through the following process steps, for example.
• Create Sales Order app (VA01)
• App Create Delivery (VL01N); alternatively, also create delivery without order reference.
• The delivery can be opened in EWM using the “Warehouse Monitor” app and the warehouse orders and warehouse tasks can also be created. This includes picking and packaging for handling units. The HUs can then be loaded into transport units (trucks, trailers, etc.) as well as the goods issue.
Various process steps can be mapped using a storage process. For example, unloading, quality control, counting, deconsolidation, kitting, additional logistical services, etc.
On the one hand there is the return of the supplier, for example if the result of the quality inspection is negative, in which the goods received are returned to the supplier via return stock transfer or return order. On the other hand, there is the customer return, in which the goods have been returned by the customer and may first have to go into quality assurance and rework. Returns are common day-today business in online retail, which is why returns are one of the core processes. The start of the customer return is a return order, which must be completed for the customer with the credit.
An inventory must be carried out at least once a year. In order to compensate for deviations in the actual inventory compared to the system stock. A distinction can be made between the storage location-related (collection of all products or HUs for the storage location inventory document) and the product-related inventory (inventory document for a specific product that is counted across storage locations).
Physical Inventory execution
• App “Create inventory” to generate an inventory document, activate it (if necessary, after deselecting products or storage locations) and select an inventory procedure.
• “Inventory counting” app for recording the counting results.
• “Analyze differences” app and, if necessary, post inventory differences, which creates the material document with the accounting and cost accounting document. However, recounting can also be arranged in advance.
Tools for operational reporting
• “Warehouse monitor” app (/ SCWM / MON); e.g. overview of inputs, outputs, inventory, documents, inventory, storage locations, resources, products, Alerts. Stock overview etc.
• Warehouse cockpit app; Have the warehouse indicator, for example, the degree of filling, open warehouse tasks etc. displayed graphically processed.
• App “graphical warehouse layout”, depicts warehouse including inventory, storage locations, resources, etc. as a two-dimensional graphic.
Functionalities in embedded EWM or classic decentralized EWM 9.5 on NW and SCM are not exactly same as in decentralized EWM on S/4HANA. Refer SAP Note 2840129 for more details.
For more information use below link
Very nice and compact EWM overview! I like it