How to Use Service Teams in Service Transactions
1. Service Team Features
The service team is an organizational unit to which service employees are assigned for performing service tasks. It facilitates the assignment of service employees in service transactions, related analytics, and the search for service transactions.
After enable the service team feature, you will be able to:
- Manage executing service employees in groups as a service team
- Define a service team’s plant and storage location
- Support automatic team determination in service orders and service confirmations
- Support plant and storage location determination for both the procurement and pick from stock scenario
- Support easier search and assignment of executing service employees by team
For more information about the service team features, see Service Teams on the SAP Help Portal.
1.1 Service Team Determination
The system can determine service teams based on the country and postal code of the ship-to party or sold-to party. Service teams are automatically determined on the header of a service order or a service confirmation. These determined service teams are inherited by the items of the service order or service confirmation. You can use the Propose Service Team function to manually trigger the service team determination for the items of a service order or a service confirmation.
- If multiple service teams are determined for the items of a service order or a service confirmation, you’re prompted to select a service team.
- The determined service teams can be changed. After you change the service teams in the header of a service order or a service confirmation, the changed service teams are inherited by the items of the service order or service confirmation. However, if the origin of the existing service teams is Manually Entered/Selected or Corrected Based on Executing Service Employee in the items of a service order or service confirmation, the service team is not inherited.
1.2 Logic for Service Team Determination
A service team is determined based on the determination rules configured on the self-service configuration UI (SSCUI), master data of corresponding sold-to party or ship-to party, and master data of service teams.
2. How to Use Service Teams in Service Transactions
1. Enable service team in service transactions
You can specify which service team types can be used in a given service transaction type. To enable the use of this feature, you must make the following configuration settings:
- Define service team profile
- Assign service team profile to service transactions
You can view this demo to see how to enable service teams in service transactions:
(Please logon to the community to watch the video).
For more information, see Enable Service Team in Service Transactions on the SAP Help Portal.
2. Assign authorizations to business users
Assign the business catalog CA – Responsibility Management (SAP_CA_BC_RSM_PC) to the corresponding business roles (for example, service team owners) so that they can access the Manage Teams and Responsibilities app.
3. Maintain master data for service teams
You can view this demo to see how to create master data for service teams:
(Please logon to the community to watch the video).
For more information, see Create Master Data for Service Teams on the SAP Help Portal.
3. Use Scenarios of Service Teams
Information from the service team is used in:
- The service part procurement process. The storage location assigned to the service team is passed on to the purchase requisition and purchase order, to determine the delivery address.
- The “pick from stock” for service parts process. The plant and storage location assigned to the service team are used to automatically post the goods issue (in service confirmation) of service parts that have been consumed.
3.1 In Service Part Procurement Process
In case of the service part procurement process, the purchase requisition for the part is created when the corresponding item is released in the service order or the entire service order is released.
Beside other parameters, plant and storage location information is passed on to the purchase requisition and later passed on to the purchase order created at this point in time.
The plant and storage location information is used in the purchase order to determine the delivery address. With service teams assigned, plant and storage location are provided by the service team.
3.2 In Pick from Stock Process
Should service parts be picked form stock, it is necessary to tell the system which plant and storage location combination is relevant for the picking of the parts and later on also for the goods issue posting.
Plant and storage location are both mandatory / single-value parameters of a service team. So when assigning a service team to as service product (item level), the system knows the actual storage location these parts should be picked from. The storage location stored in a service team thus can also be considered as a “team storage location”.
Therefore the assumption is that executing service employees usually know their own team storage location and thus know where they are supposed to pick up parts.
Note: If the executing service employee picks service parts from the “team storage location”, the system does not automatically post a goods movement (e.g. into a van-stock).
- Consumption of the service parts is documented in the service confirmation. In case the executing service employee has no individual storage location assigned, the confirmation automatically posts the goods issue (into consumption) towards his or her “team storage location” maintained in the service team.
- In case the executing service employee has an individual storage location assigned, the confirmation automatically posts the goods issue (into consumption) towards his or her “individual storage location” maintained in configuration.
Note: As the system does not use reservation mechanisms and thus posts all goods issues towards the Unrestricted-Use Stock, it needs to be ensured that there is enough stock available to do the goods issue. Otherwise goods issue will fail and you have to restock the material before you can re-confirm again and thus post the goods issue again.
3.3 Setting up the Pick From Stock Scenario
You can use two variants of the pick from stock scenario:
- Executing service employees can have an individual storage location (also referred to as van stock). You must set up these storage locations and assign them to each executing service employee in a configuration app. In this scenario, the final goods issue on completion of the service confirmation is posted against this individual storage location.
- The executing service employee picks service parts from a team storage location. This pick is not posted against an individual storage location. Upon completion of the service confirmation, the goods issue is posted against the team storage location which is defined in the service team of the executing service employee.
Configuration of the second option is simpler as you only have to set up the team storage location and the corresponding plant. You do not have to maintain and assign individual storage locations. However, you might not be able to track service parts precisely as you cannot determine whether they are still physically available in a team storage location or have already been loaded onto the van of an executing service employee.
4. Related APIs
- Service Order (A2X)
- Service Confirmation (A2X)
- Service Confirmation – Confirm Processing (Asynchronous)
- Service Confirmation – Create, Change (Asynchronous)
- Service Confirmation – Notification Processing (Asynchronous)
- Service Order – Confirm Processing (Asynchronous)
- Service Order – Create, Change (Asynchronous)
- Service Order – Notification Processing (Asynchronous)
5.1 How to Find the Service Team ID?
When you create a service team, you are required to enter a service team name. This service team name can be edited after being specified. Once a service team is created, the system generates a service team ID that uniquely identifies the service team. The service team ID is unique and cannot be edited. When you use service team APIs, the APIs use the service team ID to identify a service team. You can find the service team ID as follows:
Step 1 On the search screen, click to display the view settings. Click ID to enable the display of service team ID.
Step 2 View the service team ID field when displaying service teams.