In this blog post, we will learn how to disable “Preview” button in transaction FD03.
This functionality will work only if a field is masked on the screen.
If Table Name and Field Name is maintained, then the Disable Button functionality will be executed based on user authorization.
If Table Name and Field Name is not maintained, then the Disable Button functionality will be executed for the configured function code, provided at least one field is masked on the screen.
The end result for unauthorized users will look like below:
Product “Field Masking for SAP GUI” is used in this scenario to disable button in SAP GUI screens and must be installed in the customer system.
Role based masking is required for transaction FD03, “Name” of Customers need to be masked.
Maintain Masking configuration
Configure Technical Information (Table Name-Field Name) of field in masking configuration.
You can get the Technical Address of a GUI field by pressing “F1” on the field.
Follow the given path:
SPRO -> SAP NetWeaver -> Field Masking for SAP GUI -> Masking Configuration->Maintain Masking Configuration
Maintain SAP GUI Function Code for Button Disable Configuration
Here, we will configure Program Name and Function Code for the Disable Button functionality of the selected function code in SAP GUI.
Note:- You can get the Program Name under System -> Status -> Program (screen) Name and Function Code information of a button by pressing “F1” on the button.
Alternatively, you can find the Program Name and Function Code information by using the following instructions –
- Execute T-Code FD03
- Enter Customer as “3474” and Click on “Continue” button
- Enter /HS in the Command Field in order to switch on Debugging
- Click on the button to be disabled. In this case, click on “Preview” button
- Double-click on “%_CALLER_PROGRAM_NAME“, you will get the Program Name
- Type “SY-UCOMM” and press “Enter” key, you will get the Function Code
Follow the given path:
SPRO -> SAP NetWeaver -> Field Masking for SAP GUI -> Masking Configuration-> Maintain SAP GUI Function Code for Button Disable Configuration
Follow below mentioned steps:
- Click on “New Entries” button
- Enter “Program Name” as “SAPMF02D”
- Enter “Function Code” as “$SHO“
- Enter “Description” as “Disable Preview button in FD03“
- Check “Enable Configuration” check-box
- Enter “Table Name” as “ADDR1_DATA“
- Enter “Field Name” as “NAME1“
- Enter “Message Class” as “/UIM/UI“
- Enter “Message Number” as “912”
- Click on “Save” button
In this blog post we have learnt to disable “Preview” button in transaction FD03.
For information on Disable Button feature in UI Data Protection, please refer blog post Disable Button UI Data Protection – Disable “Additional Data” button in MM03.