SAP Intelligent RPA Success Stories – How Software Bots Help Improve Operational Efficiency Across the Enterprise for Villeroy & Boch?
Villeroy & Boch, established 1748
Founded in 1748, Villeroy & Boch Group is one of Europe’s oldest ceramics manufacturers. Producing premium tableware and bathroom products, the company operates in 125 countries worldwide.
Many manual tasks across business functions
To improve operational efficiency, Villeroy & Boch wanted to automate repetitive tasks across several business functions. The manufacturer is implementing robotic process automation for routine activities in finance, purchasing, and customer service and is now streamlining workflows and freeing up staff to focus on strategic activities.
SAP Intelligent RPA helps Digital Transformation
- Enabled tight process integration with the SAP ERP application and productivity solutions
- Created “attended” bots (under staff supervision) that complete simple, frequently occurring tasks such as responding to standard e-mail inquiries and making general ledger postings
- Helped customer service staff spend more time assisting wholesale customers with non routine inquiries
- Freed up finance and purchasing staff to focus on strategic tasks
- Began to evolve the bots to trigger tasks autonomously and leverage SAP Leonardo AI Business Services such as Document Classification and Document Information Extraction for automation of more complex tasks
With routine tasks handled by bots, Villeroy & Boch can focus on delivering great customer service and maximizing business value.
“Although we’re just at the beginning of our journey with SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation, we are already realizing its potential to help us work more efficiently, serve customers better, and gain competitive advantage” explains Dr. Daniel Neuhäuser, Head of ERP Core Solutions at Villeroy & Boch Group who was on stage during SAP Select conference.
Feel free to share the Business Transformation Study:
For more information on SAP Intelligent RPA,