Integrate HR Master data with SAP Project Systems
In SAP S/4HANA, business partners (BPs) play a very important role when it comes to master data creation and maintenance.
SAP Project Systems (PS) does have a standard option of maintaining master data like Person responsible and applicant number in configuration nodes.
However, when it comes to global customers using HR mini masters for storing their employee information, integration of PS with HR becomes a major requirement.
We want Business Partners as employees as the single source of truth for employee information and the same needs to be used in PS projects for reporting and workflow approval processes.
That was the summary of the use case.
Now here is how we can achieve this requirement.
- Activate the BAdI PS_FUNCTION_SWITCH and return SWITCH_VALUES-ENABLE_HCM_PERS_APP_FLG as ‘X’
- Post activation, go to PS configuration nodes OPS6 & OPS7.
- Here you will now see BPs getting populated in the F4 search help.
- Choose the required BPs and maintain in configuration.
- You can now assign these BPs at project definition or WBS levels in PS projects.
If you still need some additional information refer to SAP Note 2331027.
This makes the process simple,automated and secured.