Challenge Submission – SAP Intelligent RPA: mass creation of deliveries and invoices
This is a submission for the SAP Intelligent RPA Tutorial Challenge
Case of use
Mass creation of deliveries (VL01N) and invoices (VF01)
With the SAP GUI connector that has SAP IRPA Desktop integrated we can capture all the transactional movements of the ERP, in this way we can easily interact taking data from an alternative database such as Excel and making transactions in the ERP for each line read from the Excel sheet.
- The excel sheet will place orders that are already ready to generate delivery, post and invoice.
- The bot will take the excel sheet records
- The bot will log in to SAP and perform the creation of the delivery / accounting and billing.
- Bot reads the following record from the spreadsheet, if you are already logged in, continue making transactions.
- if it is the last record of the spreadsheet, the bot performs the SAP logout
Step 1 – create variables
In this step, the variables that are then stored in the values acquired in the Excel spreadsheet are created.
Step 2 – Sequence
- In the first point we create a variable called “ultimacelda” in it we store the position of the last empty cell in the spreadsheet. For this we use ctx.excel.sheeet.getLastRow (‘F6’); (F6 = cell with first value in our spreadsheet).
- Second IF point to validate if we have to go to the Output “salir”, this output closes session in SAP and is done when we are in the last record of the spreadsheet.
- We keep in the variable “loop count” the position of the row in which we have the first data in excel.
- In the last point we store in the variables center / postexp / warehouse and order the data we obtain from the excel cells.
The sequence we create has three outputs (login / normal and salir)
- login: it is the first step and that is when we log into SAP
- normal: if the bot detects that we are already logged in, it continues with the transactions without going through the login.
- salir: Log out of SAP.
Step 3 – Login
Step 4 – normal flow
This step is the same as the previous one but without login.
Step 5 – log out.
In this step we close session in SAP.