SAP Predictive Analytics Maintenance Policy
The Mainstream Maintenance Phase for SAP Predictive Analytics will end up on December 31st, 2022.
SAP started its journey to offer predictive options in the cloud a few years ago. In line with this strategy SAP created innovate, cloud-based predictive solutions to serve the market demand.
As part of this effort, the Product Availability Matrix mentions that the end of mainstream maintenance for the SAP Predictive Analytics on premise suite is set to December 31st, 2022.
SAP Predictive Analytics Suite, SAP Predictive Analytics Edge edition, and SAP Predictive Analytics application edition, are no longer part of SAP’s product price list starting from January 2020.
SAP will continue to support these on-premise products in the coming years, and already offers strong alternatives to those who want to evaluate new possibilities:
- SAP Analytics Cloud offers in standard augmented analytics features to support BI and planning use cases
- SAP HANA is now provided with APL (Automated Predictive Library, this library corresponds to SAP Predictive Analytics engine) and allows developers to quickly create and deploy predictive models in SAP HANA
- SAP Data Intelligence is a SAP solution based on open standards dedicated to the data-scientists community to address and deploy machine learning and predictive analytics use cases
SAP Predictive Analytics customers and partners can confidently take the necessary time to evaluate the new product options offered by SAP.
It is worth noting that none of these products offer a 1 to 1 replacement of the existing SAP Predictive Analytics capabilities and therefore cannot be considered a successor product.
During the mainstream maintenance phase, SAP Predictive Analytics customers and partners can continue submitting product questions and potential issues to SAP Support using the support component BI-RA-PA. They will receive support and important issues will be addressed through product patches.
Incremental features will not be offered in the mainstream maintenance phase for SAP Predictive Analytics Suite, SAP Predictive Analytics Edge edition, and SAP Predictive Analytics application edition.
Priority One Support for SAP Predictive Analytics will be offered from January 1st, 2023 till December 31st, 2024
Priority-one support will be offered to SAP Predictive Analytics customers and partners between January 1st, 2023 and December 31st, 2024.
Priority-one support is an optional offering that gives customers more flexibility in deciding on the right time for an upgrade. Priority-one support does not require an additional payment (on top of the normal maintenance costs). Priority-one support does not require to sign a specific maintenance addendum (on top of the current contracts already in place).
During priority-one support, customers and partners can continue to create incidents as per the standard process. Product Support will accept and analyze problem incidents with all priorities.
if the product error is not known yet, further processing is performed only for incidents with ”Very High” priority.
Please note Priority-One Support is the final support maintenance phase — at its conclusion, SAP Predictive Analytics will have reached its Support end-of-life and will no longer be actively supported by SAP.
SAP will not offer customer-specific maintenance or extended maintenance for SAP Predictive Analytics.
- The link below explains the different SAP maintenance phases, including priority-one support. https://support.sap.com/en/release-upgrade-maintenance/maintenance-information/maintenance-strategy/maintenance-phases.html
- You can also refer to the Knowledge Base Article (KBA) 2880931 – Priority-One Support Maintenance Phase for SAP Predictive Analytics. https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2880931
- The Product Availability Matrix explains the platforms and operating systems supported by SAP Predictive Analytics. Please note this document was updated last as of April, 1st 2022. https://support.sap.com/content/dam/launchpad/en_us/pam/pam-essentials/PAM_Predictive_Analytics.pdf