SAP Activate Methodology for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, extended edition
The implementation Roadmap Viewer is a tool used by the implementation project team members to navigate the phases, deliverables, tasks and accelerators related to the SAP Activate methodology.
The implementation roadmap is updated to contain the latest scope, processes and accelerators on a quarterly basis.
This blog summarizes the changes for the SAP Activate Methodology for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, extended edition roadmap.
For release October 2020:
- Addition of a new accelerator Solution Standardization Board White paper
- Review and revamp of Solution Adoption topics:
- New and updated Prepare Phase content for Enablement for users.
- New and updated Enablement Strategy with research interviews and strategy tasks for project teams.
- New Enablement content development and delivery deliverables and tasks.
- New User Experience Management tool via Knoa, deployment deliverable and tasks.
- Inclusion of new accelerator to helps enable and introduce the concept of Identity and Access Management to business process experts. The IAM: Authorization Concept Guideline accelerator provides guidance on how to approach the authorization concept for each system in a 3 tier landscape.
- Additional content related to SAP Fiori:
- New task Activate SAP Fiori, to explain the activation and setup required to use SAP Fiori Application that the project team will use during the implementation.
- New accelerator SAP Fiori Rapid Activation – Quick guide to activate SAP Fiori, added to the task to guide the execution of the activation.
- New accelerator SAP Fiori apps reference library
For release July 2020:
- Addition of a new accelerator How to Run a Remote Fit-to-Standard Workshop to Prepare for Fit-to-Standard Workshops. This purpose-built playbook provides guidance on how to run Remote fit-to-standard.
- Creation of a new accelerator How to Approach Remote Cutover Playbook to Create Cutover Plan and Documentation. The purpose-built playbook with guidance on how to plan, setup and run Cutover activities in remote setup:
- Introduction of the Solution Standardization Board to oversee compliance with 5 Golden Rules and approving developments and modifications deviating from these rules. Details about the SSB can be found in Establish Solution Standardization Board and new accelerator Solution Standardization Board.
- Continuous updates to Extensibility Guide for SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- Updates to incorporate Enterprise Management Layer for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, extended edition. Enterprise Management Layer can be used to accelerate and simplify the adoption of SAP S/4HANA Cloud, extended edition. Sample changes include:
- Text and accelerator inclusion to Review Overview Documentation
- Procedural updates and new accelerator in Receive Initial System for Fit-to-Standard Workshops
- Addition of EML content in the fit-to-standard workshops
- Additional content related to initial user access and additional info for the creation of project users. Examples include:
For release May 2020:
- Updates to the Implementing SAP S/4HANA with a Cloud Mindset guide
- New task Establish Solution Standardization Board added to deliverable Project Initiation and Governance
- New accelerator Solution Standardization Board (SSB) included in task Establish Solution Standardization Board
- Procedure updates to task Conduct Project Quality Gate in deliverable Project Initiation and Governance
- New guide How to Approach Remote Cutover (Public) added in task Create Cutover Plan and Documentation
- Recommended templates included in the How to Approach the Fit-to-Standard Process
in the Cloud, extended accelerator in task Prepare for Fit-to-Standard Workshops
- Minor updates to the Quality Gate – SAP S/4HANA Cloud, EX in task Conduct Project Quality Gate
- New accelerators include in task Perform a Business Scenario and Solution Mapping
- Text updates and addition of the Backlog Template accelerator in task Prepare for Fit-to-Standard Workshops
- New deliverable Preparation of Technical Implementation with new task Solution Customization and Enablement
- Review and updates to deliverables, tasks, and accelerators related to Workstream Integration
- Updates to the Guidance for Extensibility in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, extended edition in deliverable Extension Planning and Design
- Addition of SAP note 2920697 – Extensibility Guide for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, extended edition in task Detail Design of Extension with Classic Extensibility Techniques
- Updates to task Self-Enable on Test Management Tools and Solution Manager Test Management in deliverable Customer Team Self-Enablement
- Text updates in task Create and Schedule an Overall Test Plan in deliverable Test Planning
- Updates to the following tasks in deliverable Test Execution:
For release Jan 2020:
- Harmonization of implementation guidance text to be consistent with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, essentials edition
- Updates to the Implementing SAP S/4HANA with a Cloud Mindset
- New tasks under “Test Planning” deliverable to provide more prescriptive testing guidance:
- New testing accelerator My Tasks – Tester Worklist add to task Perform Test Steps
- Additional accelerator Test Suite – Analytics add to task Test Suite Analytics and Reporting
- New accelerator SAP Model Company – Landing page at SAP.com in deliverable Enhance System Setup with Additional Configuration
- Adapted text related to baseline landscape options offered to SAP S/4HANA Cloud, extended Customers
- New deliverable Organizational Change Management Roadmap with new task Set up OCM Team and OCM Concept
- Added deliverable Organizational Change Management Impact Analysis with new task Analyze and Plan OCM Activities
- New deliverable OCM Alignment Activities with new task Deliver and Monitor OCM Activities During Realize Phase
- Additional deliverable OCM Execution Activities with new task Deliver and Monitor OCM Activities
- New deliverable OCM Continuous Change Management Activities with new task Perform OCM Continuous Adoption
- New OCM accelerators in task Set up OCM Team and OCM Concept:
- Additional OCM accelerators in task Analyze and Plan OCM Activities:
- New Data Migration accelerators in Self-Enable on the SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit
- Additional SAP Fiori accelerators in task Learn about SAP Fiori UX:
- Modified text to include Model Company guidance in the following deliverables and tasks:
- Fit-to-Standard System Preparation
- Verify Fit-to-Standard System
- Fit-to-Standard Analysis Preparation
- Prepare for Fit-to-Standard Workshops
- Chart of Accounts – Conduct Workshop
- Organizational Structure – Conduct Workshop
- Asset Management – Conduct Workshop
- Finance – Conduct Workshop
- Document and Maintain Business Process Flows
- Configuration Introduction
For release Oct 2019:
- Addition of the S/4 with Cloud Mindset Document
- New Accelerator to give a high level overview on how to Implement S/4HANA Cloud single tenant edition with Solution Manager 7.2
- Updates to task Ensure Key User Access to the SAP Support Portal, SAP Best Practices Explto provide more information on how key users can access various supporting implementation tools
- New task Learn about SAP Solution Manager 7.2 in the Getting Started with the Implementation of SAP S/4HANA Cloud, single tenant edition deliverable
- Updates to the workshops listed under the fit-to-standard analysis deliverable to include additional workshops, update 1909 Scope item changes, and process to record requirements in either the Requirements Management app in SAP Solution Manager 7.2, or alternatively as a backlog item in the Backlog.
- Update to the tasks under the Solution Documentation deliverable to indicate how to record the outcome of the fit-to-standard workshops in SAP Solution Manager 7.2, or alternatively as a backlog item in the Backlog.
- Update to the task Make Yourself Familiar with the Tools in Test Management, and Set up Test Management in SAP Solution Manager
- Procedure updates in the Test Scope Determination task
- Addition of new task Perform Test Steps
- Updates to Testing Planning
- Text and prerequisites updates to the Test Preparation deliverable
- Updates to the deliverable Test Execution
- Text updates to the Perform Integration / Regression / User Acceptance Test
- New task Test Suite Analytics and Reporting
- New accelerators describing How to connect your on-premise Solution Manager to managed systems in HEC:
- New Accelerators for Testing with SAP Solution Manager:
- New Accelerator for Solution Manager Enablement
For release December 21 2018:
- Update on Overview of 5 Golden Rules
- New accelerators to reflect the new fully-activated appliance for SAP S/4HANA 1809 in Provide a Trial System
- Reviewed workstream Technical Architecture and Infrastructure
- Add optional SAP S/4HANA Cloud certification to Define Project Standards
- Add templates and examples for process design and definition to Define Project Standards
- New Checklist on 5 Golden Rules for Conduct Project Quality Gate
- Add more detail to Define Integrations
- Add new task: Design SAP Cloud Platform Integration iFlows for Customer-Driven Integrations in Integration Planning and Design
- Add more documentation on how to build a starter-like DEV system as part of fit-to-standard system preparation
For release of SAP S/4HANA 1809 FSP00 – September 21 2018
- Added 86 new scope items relevant to SAP S/4HANA 1809. the scope items were assigned to the respective fit-to-standard workshops
- Updated the fit-to-standard presentations to include the relevant updates.
- Updated the content of S/4HANA Cloud, single tenant Extensibility Matrix to complete the guidance for Golden Rule 4 on Extensibility.
- Updated Data Migration workstreams to reflect additional possibilities to do Data Migration in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, single tenant edition(Find the Right Migration Objects Task)
- Enhanced details on to determine Interfaces in the Integration workstream (link)
- Adjusted the role assignment to be consistent with the SAP S/4HANA Cloud methodology
- Added a new accelerator in the Transition to Operations to be used as a checklist items from the Build team (Implementation project team) to the Run team.
- Added a new task in the Run “System Health Check” to provide more information on the managed services included in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, single tenant edition. (Early Watch Alert Impact and Security Notes for NetWeaver based system)
If you are interested to learn more about this new implementation roadmap, you can access it in the SAP Roadmap Viewer here.
We look forward to your feedback in this blog using the comment feature below or on our SAP Activate community on Jam. Our team looks forward to the next update to provide you with the latest information and content!
To stay informed about the latest updates, be sure to follow @janmusil. SAP Activate blog posts will appear in the SAP Communities space with tag #sapactivate, and will also be announced on the SAP Activate Methodology Jam group, request to join here, where a community of 21k people are already actively engaged.