The implementation Roadmap Viewer is a tool used by the implementation project team members to navigate the phases, deliverables, tasks and accelerators related to the SAP Activate methodology.
The implementation roadmap is updated to contain the latest scope, processes and accelerators on a quarterly basis.
This blog summarizes the changes for the SAP Activate Methodology for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, extended edition roadmap.
For release Jan 2020:
- Harmonization of implementation guidance text to be consistent with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, essentials edition
- Updates to the Implementing SAP S/4HANA with a Cloud Mindset
- New tasks under “Test Planning” deliverable to provide more prescriptive testing guidance:
- New testing accelerator My Tasks – Tester Worklist add to task Perform Test Steps
- Additional accelerator Test Suite – Analytics add to task Test Suite Analytics and Reporting
- New accelerator SAP Model Company – Landing page at SAP.com in deliverable Enhance System Setup with Additional Configuration
- Adapted text related to baseline landscape options offered to SAP S/4HANA Cloud, extended Customers
- New deliverable Organizational Change Management Roadmap with new task Set up OCM Team and OCM Concept
- Added deliverable Organizational Change Management Impact Analysis with new task Analyze and Plan OCM Activities
- New deliverable OCM Alignment Activities with new task Deliver and Monitor OCM Activities During Realize Phase
- Additional deliverable OCM Execution Activities with new task Deliver and Monitor OCM Activities
- New deliverable OCM Continuous Change Management Activities with new task Perform OCM Continuous Adoption
- New OCM accelerators in task Set up OCM Team and OCM Concept:
- Additional OCM accelerators in task Analyze and Plan OCM Activities:
- New Data Migration accelerators in Self-Enable on the SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit
- Additional SAP Fiori accelerators in task Learn about SAP Fiori UX:
- Modified text to include Model Company guidance in the following deliverables and tasks:
- Fit-to-Standard System Preparation
- Verify Fit-to-Standard System
- Fit-to-Standard Analysis Preparation
- Prepare for Fit-to-Standard Workshops
- Chart of Accounts – Conduct Workshop
- Organizational Structure – Conduct Workshop
- Asset Management – Conduct Workshop
- Finance – Conduct Workshop
- Document and Maintain Business Process Flows
- Configuration: Introduction
- Configure Master Data
- Run Unit Test
- Run String Test
For release Oct 2019:
- Addition of the S/4 with Cloud Mindset Document
- New Accelerator to give a high level overview on how to Implement S/4HANA Cloud single tenant edition with Solution Manager 7.2
- Updates to task Ensure Key User Access to the SAP Support Portal, SAP Best Practices Explto provide more information on how key users can access various supporting implementation tools
- New task Learn about SAP Solution Manager 7.2 in the Getting Started with the Implementation of SAP S/4HANA Cloud, single tenant edition deliverable
- Updates to the workshops listed under the fit-to-standard analysis deliverable to include additional workshops, update 1909 Scope item changes, and process to record requirements in either the Requirements Management app in SAP Solution Manager 7.2, or alternatively as a backlog item in the Backlog.
- Update to the tasks under the Solution Documentation deliverable to indicate how to record the outcome of the fit-to-standard workshops in SAP Solution Manager 7.2, or alternatively as a backlog item in the Backlog.
- Update to the task Make Yourself Familiar with the Tools in Test Management, and Set up Test Management in SAP Solution Manager
- Procedure updates in the Test Scope Determination task
- Addition of new task Perform Test Steps
- Updates to Testing Planning
- Text and prerequisites updates to the Test Preparation deliverable
- Updates to the deliverable Test Execution
- Text updates to the Perform Integration / Regression / User Acceptance Test
- New task Test Suite Analytics and Reporting
- New accelerators describing How to connect your on-premise Solution Manager to managed systems in HEC:
- New Accelerators for Testing with SAP Solution Manager:
- New Accelerator for Solution Manager Enablement
For release December 21 2018:
- Update on Overview of 5 Golden Rules
- New accelerators to reflect the new fully-activated appliance for SAP S/4HANA 1809 in Provide a Trial System
- Reviewed workstream Technical Architecture and Infrastructure
- Add optional SAP S/4HANA Cloud certification to Define Project Standards
- Add templates and examples for process design and definition to Define Project Standards
- New Checklist on 5 Golden Rules for Conduct Project Quality Gate
- Add more detail to Define Integrations
- Add new task: Design SAP Cloud Platform Integration iFlows for Customer-Driven Integrations in Integration Planning and Design
- Add more documentation on how to build a starter-like DEV system as part of fit-to-standard system preparation
For release of SAP S/4HANA 1809 FSP00 – September 21 2018
- Added 86 new scope items relevant to SAP S/4HANA 1809. the scope items were assigned to the respective fit-to-standard workshops
- Updated the fit-to-standard presentations to include the relevant updates.
- Updated the content of S/4HANA Cloud, single tenant Extensibility Matrix to complete the guidance for Golden Rule 4 on Extensibility.
- Updated Data Migration workstreams to reflect additional possibilities to do Data Migration in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, single tenant edition(Find the Right Migration Objects Task)
- Enhanced details on to determine Interfaces in the Integration workstream (link)
- Adjusted the role assignment to be consistent with the SAP S/4HANA Cloud methodology
- Added a new accelerator in the Transition to Operations to be used as a checklist items from the Build team (Implementation project team) to the Run team.
- Added a new task in the Run “System Health Check” to provide more information on the managed services included in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, single tenant edition. (Early Watch Alert Impact and Security Notes for NetWeaver based system)
If you are interested to learn more about this new implementation roadmap, you can access it in the SAP Roadmap Viewer here.
We look forward to your feedback in this blog using the comment feature below or on our SAP Activate community on Jam. Our team looks forward to the next update to provide you with the latest information and content!
To stay informed about the latest updates, be sure to follow @janmusil. SAP Activate blog posts will appear in the SAP Communities space with tag #sapactivate, and will also be announced on the SAP Activate Methodology Jam group, request to join here, where a community of 21k people are already actively engaged.