SAP Integrated Business Planning (IBP) 2002 New Features
SAP Integrated Business Planning is one of the best supply chain planning tool in the market. SAP IBP product development team adding more features to application across the modules. In this blog, I will cover the most important features from the IBP 2002 release updates.
Release of SAP Integrated Business Planning 2002 currently planned for January 29, 2020.
This is the current state of planning and may be changed by SAP at any time.”
Introducing the new Intelligent Visibility app with IBP2002. This app allows the supply chain analyst to view the supply chain as a network with the exceptions that impact performance.
Supply chain analysts can use Intelligent Visibility to visualize the relationships between locations and where disruptions will have an impact to performance. The analyst can review the performance metrics and impacts of the disruptions and navigate into other areas of Integrated Business Planning to take action towards resolution.
Navigation to Web-Based Planning from the Alert Monitor
You can now navigate to the Web-Based Planning app from the Monitor Custom Alerts allowing the alert to be solved by changing data.
New SAP Fiori app “User Login Statistics for IBP Excel Add-in”
The new app provides an overview around the logins via the IBP Excel add-in and provides detailed information about the IBP Excel add-in a version that was used, the user name and contact details, and the number of logins in that specific week.
This app is designed to be used by the administrator. Using this app, the administrator can send an email to the user who is using an old IBP Excel Add In version.
Introduction of the New Copy Operator
A new Copy Operator (Advanced) is introduced with IBP 2002 and will replace the existing copy
and disaggregation operators in a non-disruptive way over the next releases.
- For several releases, the existing operators and the new copy operator will exist in parallel.
- You decide which operators you want to use. SAP recommends using the new copy operator.
- You can easily import configurations of existing operators.
- You can migrate disaggregation operators without having to adapt dependent templates and jobs.
- Mass migration of the old operators is planned for a later release.
The new copy operator offers all features of the two existing operators plus some additional options.
- You can copy values from source to target key figures within one planning area or between two planning areas.
- You can copy multiple key figure pairs on different copy levels.
- Source key figure values are aggregated if required.
- Target key figure values are disaggregated if required.
- Missing planning objects and missing time period entries can be created.
- Target key figure values can be initialized.
- Processing can be spilt into packages to limit memory consumption and the risk of locking issues.
Forecast Consumption Calendars
You can now use calendars in forecast consumption profiles to specify the planning periods in
which you don’t expect sales orders and forecasts, that is, the periods in which no forecast
consumption would happen.
The forecast consumption range (defined in the forecast consumption mode) is extended by the number of non-working periods falling inside the range.
To set up forecast consumption calendars, you must create a calendar, a calendar attribute
containing the ID of your calendar, and a master data type for the forecast consumption calendar.
Include the calendar attribute in the forecast consumption master data type and then assign this master data type and calendar attribute to a forecast consumption profile in the Forecast
Consumption Calendar Assignment section of the Forecast Consumption Profiles app.
Planning Calendars Fiori App (View, Edit)
Planning calendars Fiori App introduced as part of the 1911 version but in this release, additional features added.
The Fiori App “Planning Calendars” is in the business catalog SAP_IBP_BC_PLAN_BASICS_PC
“Planning Basics”, which is in all business roles.
Use rolling aggregation to aggregate key figures across several time periods, for a specified time
window. Instead of requesting L-code to create such an aggregation, you can use the
IBP_RAGGR function to configure rolling aggregation in one step.
Period shift Shifting by a fix number
Use period shift to shift key figure values by time periods. Use a constant to define the number of periods by which you want to shift the input key figure.
The number has to be either a positive integer (you shift into the future) or a negative integer (you shift into the past).
Overall Statistics on IBP Customer Influence
- 1400+ Visitors to the IBP Influence Project
- 800+ Improvements Requests Submitted
- 6000+ Votes cast by more than 500 users
- 116 Delivered Enhancements
I would request you to check the following links to get more information about new features.
I would very much appreciate your comments and suggestions.
Thank you for Updates and Links shared...!!
Thank you Amit!
Thank you Varesh!
Good blog Lingaiah
Thank you Ravinder!
Good blog Lingaiah and thanks for sharing.
Thank you Vijay!