Address Directories (Reference Data)-update in Data Services and Data Quality Management (DQM)
What is Address directories -They are binary, flat files that can be downloaded from Service Marketplace (SMP) and then uploaded to their servers to be used with SAP’s Data Quality Management (DQM) solutions.
Licensing is must for the customers to be able to download it.
These directories include address information for countries around the world that can be used for standardization of address data .
Address directories provide address-related information (house number, apartment/suite number, street, city/region, state, country, zip code, etc.),
The content in the directories is obtained by SAP should be updated regulary at least once in a Quarter.
Geocode Directories- The geocode directories provide longitude and latitude data that can be used to provide geo-spatial coordinates or addressing information based on these coordinates in ‘reverse geocoding.
You can use the address directory without the geocode directory, though, and conversely, use the geocode directory without the address directory.
When updates are available- While most directories are updated monthly, the data in the directories comes from a variety of sources. Because of this, update frequency will vary. Updates are made available on SAP Service Marketplace as soon as possible after SAP receives updates from our data vendors.
All world Directory and country specific directory-All world directory does not include the basic data like street no etc but included in country specific data like US,Canada etc.
Steps to update the Address directory:
There are two ways of using Directory services and can be installed in Linux or windows.
- Data services 4.X-Installation path is <DataServicesInstallLocation>\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services\DataQuality\reference_data(Windows/Linux)
- DQM SDK
- Windows- SAPBusinessObjects\Data Quality Mgmt SDK\windows_32\DataQuality\reference_data
- Linux- <DQM SDK install location>/DataQuality/reference_data
1-Check the language of directory to be updated or installed-For example it is US,CANADA etc.
The zip file name will indicate which month update is available in your server ,check in Service Market place and download the latest one.
2-Download the latest address zip file from SMP-
3-Take backup of existing directory-of Reference_data
4-Move the downloaded file to below directory-
DQM–<DQM SDK install location>/DataQuality/reference_data
5-Unzip the latest downloaded file on the above Default directory-
Note-f you install the quarterly updates in a location other than the default locations above, follow the steps below:
- Stop any processes that use the USA Regulatory Address engine, Global Address engine or Global Suggestion Lists. (Or stop the Data Services job server, this would essentially stop all running processes that would be using the directories – such as real-time services).
- Install the new directories.
- Start the processes that were stopped.