Update dynamic target groups automatically using application jobs
Dynamic target groups are commonly used for campaigns that are carried out regularly. They are updated according to the filters defined in the segmentation model and this can be achieved by different ways:
- Manually by pressing button ‘Rebuild’ in target group:
- Automatically, right before campain execution:
- Automatically, using Marketing Application Jobs.
In this article, let’s focus on this! ?
Why do this? Here is an interesting use case!
PS: this is just a random use case used for illustration and is not the main purpose of this blog!
Imagine you want to update daily your Score for ‘golden contacts’, ‘silver contacts’ or ‘bronze contacts’.
To achieve this you have properly built 3 dynamic target groups using segmentation models in SAP Marketing Cloud. This classification may vary upon your business requirements, but let’s assume the following:
- Golden customers: those whose Sales Order interactions sum up over $1,000 dollars/month;
- Silver customers: those whose Sales Order interactions sum up between $400 to $999 dollars a month;
- Bronze customers: those whose Sales Order interactinos sum up from 0 to $399/month.
After creating your segmentation models and target groups you’ve set up you Score accordingly, You do this using ‘Member of the Targetgroup’ and operator ‘exists in’. Example:
How to update the target groups used in Score builder automatically? Using application jobs!!
As a pre-requisite, your Dynamic Target Group has been previously created using segmentatino tool in SAP Marketing Cloud.
- Under Business Administration, click ‘Marketing Application Jobs’ app.
2. Click (+) to create a new application job.
3. Use search help to search for “Target Groups: Trigger Rebuild” and select this option.
You may rename your job accordingly. E.g.: ‘Golden customers’
4. Next steps will be to schedule your job as per your requirement and to select the desired target group from the selecition options.
Dynamic target groups can easily be updated automatically by the system with no human effort or need to execute a campaign!