Time for a little review of 2019 what we achieved in 2019 in terms of integrating IoT data into SAP Business Processes, i.e. the SAP Business Suite:
All the functionality uses the SAP Leonardo IoT Rules Service, Action Service. You can do direct integration or integration via an integration tool like SAP Cloud Platform Integration (CPI).
- From Marco Purro:
- “How to create a service request in SAP Cloud for Customer using an SAP Leonardo IoT Action”: https://blogs.sap.com/2019/06/03/how-to-create-a-service-request-in-sap-cloud-for-customer-using-an-sap-leonardo-iot-action/
- “Invoke several APIs within SAP Leonardo IoT Rules and Actions”: https://blogs.sap.com/2019/06/18/invoke-several-apis-within-sap-leonardo-iot-rules-and-actions/
- Some background on the SAP Cloud Platform Destination service and how to leverage it provided Daniel Kim: “How to create destination in SAP Cloud Platform Cockpit and types we support in SAP Leonardo IoT Action”: https://blogs.sap.com/2019/07/28/how-to-create-destination-in-sap-cloud-platform-cockpit-and-types-we-support-in-sap-leonardo-iot-action/
- Sonam Singh wrote a blog how to leverage SAP CPI: “Integration of SAP S/4 HANA System with SAP Leonardo IoT using IFlows”: https://blogs.sap.com/2019/12/05/integration-of-sap-s-4-hana-system-with-sap-leonardo-iot-using-iflows/
- Arun Venkatesh explains the “Replenishment scenario using SAP Leonardo IoT”: https://blogs.sap.com/2019/06/18/replenishment-scenario-using-sap-leonardo-iot/
- Sonam Singh shows “Embedded IoT in Business Processes: SAP Leonardo IoT embedded in C/4 Field Services Management”: https://blogs.sap.com/2019/07/17/embedded-iot-in-business-processes-sap-leonardo-iot-embedded-in-c4-field-services-management/
- Niladri Podder shows how to “Send SMS alert from SAP Leonardo IoT”: https://blogs.sap.com/2019/08/16/send-sms-alert-from-sap-leonardo-iot/
- Elvira Wallis explains the “SAP Leonardo IoT Integration with SAP Workflow Services”: https://blogs.sap.com/2019/11/25/sap-leonardo-iot-integration-with-sap-workflow-services-2/
- More details about it explains Daniel Kim in “SAP Leonardo IoT integration with SAP Workflow Services”: https://blogs.sap.com/2019/11/13/sap-leonardo-iot-integration-with-sap-workflow-services/
Of course, the tooling showed in the blogs is not limited to integrating to SAP systems. They are much more flexible and can be used to integrate to any application.
PS: For debugging: If you have issue and wondering why things are not working, we have since October available the “Actions and Rules Execution Log” app. It gives you a good overview what is happening in the system … and why your events might not trigger the Business Process as planned.
In Summary, if you were wondering how to do this “so complex” integration to the Business Suite… read the blogs and discover, how easy it actually is. And you do not need additional tools. The SAP Leonardo IoT Actions Service provides you all you need.