Magnetic Media Compliance Reports: Address Determination for Minimum Amount Registers
One of the questions that is frequently raised when implementing magnetic media compliance reports in SAP S/4HANA is about address reporting for report formats that work with minimum amount calculation.
These are the report formats that are enabled for minimum amount calculation:
- 1001 – Payments in accounts and tax withholding in source – Paid
- 1007 – Revenue in the year
- 1008 – Open items of debtor’s balance on December 31st
- 1009 – Liability balance on December 31st
If you thought about creating separate business partners to stand for the address of different company codes, here’s the good news: This workaround is simply not needed.
Why? The address data for minimum amount registers is taken directly from the company code address for report formats that work with minimum amount.
But I don’t know my company code address. What about now?
You can check your company code address in OBY6 transaction by choosing the Address button.
For visually impaired readers: The picture shows a screenshot of OBY6 transaction with the Address button highlighted.
For visually impaired readers: The picture shows a screenshot of OBY6 transaction with the address of a company code displayed on the screen.
Ok, I found the address of my company code…but the city information is missing. How can I edit it?
Creating a City Code for a Company Code
1. In the SAP Customizing Implementation Guide (SPRO transaction), go to SAP NetWeaver > Application Server > Basis Services > Address Management > Regional Structure/City File > Cities > Change cities individually.
For visually impaired readers: The picture shows a screenshot of the SAP system in SPRO transaction with the IMG node Regional Structure/City File highlighted.
2. Create your city according to DANE (Departamento Administrativo Nacional de Estatística) codes and save your entries. Fore more information about DANE codes, see www.dane.gov.co.
3. Go back to OBY6 transaction and assign the city code you have just created to your company code.
We hope this post is useful for you. Now you can stay fully compliant with DIAN requirements when reporting your address for magnetic media in minimum amount registers. ?
Didn’t find your answer? Let us know in the comments below, your doubt can be the subject of our next publication.
See you next time and stay compliant,