Profit center / cost center hierarchy in standard SAP table
General background –
As we know, profit center / cost center hierarchy are maintained in sets in SAP. In order to view the profit / cost centers within a hierarchy, we need to go to the setleaf / setheader tables. However there is no complete view of a hierarchy in one standard table. This problem is now solved in HANA where you can activate the standard hierarchy and load into a table. This blog will explain how that can be done.
Activate and load hierarchy –
Lets take cost center hierarchy as an example.
The hierarchy will be activated and loaded in table SETHANAHIER0101 (for cost center hierarchy). Initially this table will be blank
In order to populate the hierarchy in the table, below mentioned steps shall be followed.
- Go to transaction code HDBC
- Click on Hierarchies
- Select cost center groups and click on the + button on the right hand side
- All the controlling areas will be displayed. Select the controlling area used by your company and click on edit
- Then click on new entries in below screen
- Mention the cost center hierarchy name as highlighted below and select ‘Load and Activate’ from drop down list. Then save it
- Go out and select ‘Background’ when below pop up appears
- Check in SM37 the job completion status. Normally it takes only a few seconds.
- Once successfully completed, the hierarchy will be populated in the table SETHANAHIER0101.
- Similarly for other objects below are the tables
- Same procedure as mentioned above can be followed for profit center groups, cost element groups, order groups, accounts groups.
- The HANA table has following important fields
|Column #||Column name||Purpose|
|1||Set class||PC group, CC group, account group etc.|
|2||Org. unit||Controlling area|
|3||Set name||Hierarchy name|
|4||Node||Total number of nodes. It starts from -1 till the last number of node is reached|
|5||Node||Preceding node number under which a particular node is there in hierarchy|
|6||Level||Level in the hierarchy|
Hope this blog is useful. Questions / comments are welcome!