Auto-Notifications for Work Modes in Focused Run for SAP Solution Manager
In the previous blog we saw the building blocks of CNM.
This blog will explain how to set up notifications for work modes like planned down times, peak business hours etc.
These are the different notification scenarios and how to achieve them
- Send manual notification to inform about a work mode instantly
While creating the work modes, you can click on the email icon to send out immediate notifications.
- Schedule a notification before the start of the work modes.
As explained in the image, there are certain configurations you can choose to customize the notification.
- when you are hosting various customers, this feature comes in handy. This will ensure data protection so that notifications reach only the intended customer.
- Different types of work modes can have different templates even for a single system. you might want to send out notifications about planned down times a day before and as well as an hour before the start. For peak business hours you might want to send out the notifications 2 hours before.
- You can define the configuration for many systems at one go.
- Templates can be customized as per the customer. You can add a logo or customize as per your needs
- Multiple schedules can be attached to send out notifications at different times. You might want to send out notifications about planned down times a day before and as well as an hour before the start. For peak business hours you might want to send out the notifications 2 hours before.
- Recipients or Recipient lists to which the notification has to be sent is added here.
- Release scheduled Notification : This step has to be performed to choose which auto notification configuration has to be active at any given point in time.
- UI-Shell based instant/manual notification: towards the bottom left corner of the shell you can find a mail icon. This can be clicked to send manual notification to recipients defined in recipient lists/systems or any other email id. No content is pre-filled when the notification screen opens.
Be the first to leave a comment
You must be Logged on to comment or reply to a post.