Run SAP Best Practices: Introduction
Run SAP best practices
All demos described in this set of blogs are accessible in www.sapsolutionmanagerdemo.com.
Users credentials are also described here: https://support.sap.com/en/alm/solution-manager/demo-systems/internet-demo-system.html
- IT Needs to bring more value to the business.
- Upgrades are currently very expensive and have no innovation brought to the business.
- Custom Code Reduction, as continual improvement cycle. High amount of custom code causes increased upgrade costs/effort.
- Transparency of monitoring across their landscape (1500 concurrent users in mixed ECC, BW, PI CRM located in EMEA and USA)
- Increase and monitor availability (pro activeness)
- PI queues not being monitored which caused lots of problems, so PI monitoring definitely on the agenda.
Why Run SAP?
- Standardised best practices for operating SAP solutions
- World class toolset for maintenance, operations and optimisation of SAP solution.
Benefits of Run SAP
- Increased uptime of applications
- Quick identification and resolution of incidents
- Manage complexity of heterogeneous environments
Run SAP Objectives
- Deliver relevant dashboards and reports for IT and Business
- Pro-active alerting and monitoring for systems, DB and applications
- Full transparency regarding performance and availability
- Reliable data transfer and message transport
- No data inconsistencies between components
- Monitoring for Security Policy and Compliance Rules
- Business Process KPIs can be tracked for all components
- Optimize usage and capacity for jobs, transactions, DB
- Monitor quality and performance of software releases
- Deliver high quality for ABAP development
- Staff skilled resources with SAP Solution Manager
- Train and allocate sufficient resources to implement and operate SAP Solution Manager.
- Run SAP is an IT Service for the Business
- Position Run SAP as an IT Service to improve, secure and optimize business processes.
- Start with minimum requirement focused on top priorities
- Focused for your top priorities, pain points, key success factors, core business processes. (ex: Identify 20 – 30 monitoring requirements (KPIs))
- Extend requirements based on on-going optimization process
- Plan iterative phases to extend OCC scope and monitoring requirements.