The “Data Migration Status” app , is well received by customers and partners so far after it’s first release in 1805 CE. Since then, SAP released several useful features until 1905 Cloud Edition. To name a few:
- Get an overview of your migration objects and projects in real time.
- See running jobs at a glance and get notifications on completed jobs.
- Mapping of source ID to SAP S/4HANA Target ID (Objects with internal numbers)
- Navigate to the standard SAP Fiori app directly from each imported record.
- Audit imported using the built-in audit function.
- Grouping of similar error messages and effected source records
- Export Migration log with source ID and respective error/warning messages
All features in Data Migration Status app are developed in consideration of every role in data migration project, to automate time critical manual activities with simple UX.
Having a strong use case, several user interviews and with empathy towards the Data migration experts, SAP has released a built-in feature “Extended Statistics” part of Data Migration Status app in 1911 Cloud Edition.
Let’s see the use case, with an example object ‘Product’.
As a business user/Migration consultant, I would like to know:
- Number of products migrated, and the number of records in several other sheets of migration template.
- Different plants in migration scope and number of products extended to each plant
- Structure Fields along with respective translation values
In simple words, i would like to have Data Brousing (SE16) Like Functionality in SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
Exited to know more about Extended statistics? Let’s continue.
A new column ‘Extended Statistics’ is included in list page of Data Migration Status app.
Did you predict what this column brings you? Yes! As the name suggests, the link ‘Statistics’ will display the record counts of all structures in migrated object. The basic layout of ‘Statistics’ popover contains the selectable & significant predefined fields (aka, Active Categories) of a structure, grouped by a structure name with number of records in it.
Upon selecting the active category, user will be redirected to the view to know more about the field, with respect to the given source & confirmed target data mapping and number of products associated with the active category field.
Further selection over the Active Category field value will lead to the view of related products.
To include more interesting fields into the list of active categories, choose ‘Select Categories’ in ‘Statistics’ pop over in list page. Search for a field of your choice or scroll through the list of fields grouped by structure name and save the selected field list.
For some reason, to stop the Extended statistics data being logged – you may configure the logging preference using the global action ‘Set Extended Statistics’ in the Data Migration Status app.
User must be aware the fact that “Switching off “Log Extended Statistics” not only stops new data from being logged, it also deletes previously logged extended statistics data, if any”. Of course,This configuration is controlled by a confirmation.
So, user can expect three different values in ‘Extended statistics’ column of Migration Objects table in list page.
1.Statistics: A link to explore extended statistics.
2.No Data: Currently, Extended statistics are not available. Data will be available after the next migration run.
3.Switched off: User preferred to switch off ‘Extended statistics’ feature.