This blog discusses how you can get started with SAP Cloud Platform Data Enrichment using an SAP Cloud Platform trial account.
Overview of SAP Cloud Platform Data Enrichment
Data Enrichment industrializes the use of third-party data for enterprise applications and makes it economical for you to find, procure, and consume relevant datasets in a timely fashion. Data enrichment allows the following:
Single Record Enrichment
- On-demand data from data providers that is pre-cabled with SAP applications, eliminating data setup and integration costs
- Matching of external data in context with the master data that’s already available with you
- Central linking of external data providers to SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud or on-premise applications (SAP or non-SAP)
- Enrich multiple master data records in bulk
- Load clean business partner data upfront to reduce data quality expenses
Updates from Data Providers
- Keep the master data up-to-date by managing changes from third-party data providers
Start an SAP Cloud Platform Trial Account
Start a free trial on SAP Cloud Platform (https://www.sap.com/products/cloud-platform.html). Once you have filled in the required information, you will be directed to the SAP Cloud Platform Cockpit.
Onboard on SAP Cloud Platform Cockpit
In the SAP Cloud Platform Cockpit, enter your trial account.
Then, follow the steps for Onboarding to SAP Cloud Platform Data Enrichment.
Refer to the following sections in SAP Cloud Platform Data Enrichment > Administration Guide for SAP Cloud Platform Data Enrichment:
- Other Prerequisites
- User Management
Note: Once all the configuration steps are completed, you will be able to access the SAP Cloud Platform Data Enrichment launchpad. Choose Go to Application from Subscriptions to go to the SAP Cloud Platform Data Enrichment launchpad.
Subscribe to a Free Trial of the Required Data Provider on SAP App Center
In SAP App Center (https://www.sapappcenter.com/home), search for CDQ or D&B data providers. You can enrich your business partner data as a free trial.
Maintain an Aggregated View
In the Aggregated View app in the SAP Cloud Platform Data Enrichment launchpad, ensure that an aggregated view has been added with the required data points for which you require data.
For more information on the Aggregated View app, refer to the documentation in SAP Cloud Platform Data Enrichment > Product Assistance for SAP Cloud Platform Data Enrichment > App Descriptions > Aggregated View.
Configuration for Integrating with SAP S/4HANA or SAP Master Data Governance
If you would like to use SAP Cloud Platform Data Enrichment via SAP S/4HANA, SAP S/4HANA Cloud, or SAP Master Data Governance, then you will have to make some additional configurations.
For information on how to do so, refer to SAP Cloud Platform Data Enrichment > Integration with SAP Cloud Platform Data Enrichment.
Get Started with Your Trial
Once the configuration is complete, choose the Go to Application link from the SAP Cloud Platform Cockpit and you will be navigated to the SAP Cloud Platform Data Enrichment launchpad.
Try it Out
You can try out SAP Cloud Platform Data Enrichment in a demo environment via SAP Master Data Governance or SAP S/4HANA using the SAP Cloud Appliance Library (CAL).
Please refer to the links below for more information on this:
- SAP Master Data Governance on SAP S/4HANA 1809 FPS2 Now Available on the SAP CAL
- Search, Import, Create Customer by using Data Enrichment cloud service demo scenario