In this blog post we will discuss regarding New Utility related to Client Local or Remote Copy/Delete/Local or remote Compare/ EXPORT/Import in S4HANA 1909 OP.
Currently I am working on S/4 HANA 1909 OP implementation project and found something new while working with client copy.
Local Client Copy using SCCLN
Let me Explain this this SCCLN T-Code step by step in practical way. Recently I have installed S4HANA 1909 OP.
By Default 000 Client will be available in S4HANA. Let me start local client copy as old fashion using SCCL t code.
I have created a New logical System for Client 100 using T code BD54 and add new client entry in T000 table using SCC4 T code and assigned Newly Created logical system to 100 Client.
Now Login in 100 Client using sap* and with default password. After login enter SCCL t code.
Now I am in 100 Client and Trying to Direct Execution first.
But I am unable to perform client copy after login in Target Client. Generally in old fashion we logged in target client and perform client copy. This is something new when choose Direct execution.
Let me login in 000 and then try with SCCLN and Direct execution option. This have started client copy in foreground. !
Let me check log using SCC3. This is giving great info.
So what we have understood from Direct execution we need to login in Source client or another client for client copy in Direct execution mode. If we login in target client then system will not allow us.
Let me explore client copy with task list option.
Same issue we are getting in task list as well.
Conclusion -: We cannot performed client copy after login in Target client 100 with any option.
Let me performed Client copy from 000 client ( from Source Client )
Use New New Utility SCCLN to perform Client copy which give you amazing performance. You can perform client copy form Client 000 or any other client than the target client and without SAP*/pass.
In Same system i have performed client copy with SCCLN with task list and completed in 490 Second 8.16(Minute). Again i have performed local client copy on same server with old t code SCCL and takes 110 minute with 15 Parallel Process . SCCLN is 10X to 12X times faster than SCCL.
Client delete Utility SCC5N.
Login in 100 Client and enter SCC5 T code. It will ask to use SCC5N.
Execute as Tasklist.
Schedule as background Job.
Same error we are getting here as well. So We cannot delete client after login in it. We can perform client delete after in other than target client. Means if we want to delete 100 then login in 000 or other client which exist on your server.
As you can see Amazing performance of SCC5N utility as well. Client deleted in 95 second only.
There is one another new feature also available in SCCLN. We can copy Table or Package from one client to another with these without pre or post processing step.
Remote Client Copy Utility SCC9N. It’s Very useful.
That is great tools sometime we required few table copy from PRD to QTY. Earlier we had done with few table copy from PRD to QTY using R3load and with TR. But in S4HANA 1909 we can do easily this with new utility.
In Same way we can use SCC8N & SCC7N for Client Export and Client Import Post Processing Step.
NEW TOOLS / T-CODE in S4HANA 1909
SCC_CLIENT_SIZE T Code-Determines the size of a client ( NEW TCODE)
For Determines the size of a client – this is only an approximation because HANA use high compression.
SCC_COMP_LOCAL T Code-Compares two clients within the same system. ( NEW TCODE)
We can compare two client with in same system. Sometime Few functionality working in one client and not working on another client of same server . Then we can easily compare two client.
SCC_COMP_REMOTE T Code-Compares two clients in different systems using an RFC connection. ( NEW TCODE)
Sometime we need to compare two different server Client as well. So we can use this utility. in Old version we were using SCU0 t code for that but that was complected. SAP now simplified this task with new t code.
Summery & Improvements
- Improved performance: Up to 10 to 12 times faster than before using native HANA capabilities. The Remote Client Copy tool is up to 5 times faster than before. We have checked practically in this blog.
- Improved log View Section : Earlier Client Copy log was file-based but now we can see in table-based UI with additional information and better persistence. The tool offers multiple tabs for different sections of the log, such as Header Data, Deleted & Copied Tables, Application Exit Messages and Run time Measurements.
- Security Improved -: Earlier we was doing with changing sap* parameter and restart server to activate. Again Disable SAP* login and restart node. Sometime we forgot this as well and this was security issue. But now user SAP* is no longer needed to perform client copies so that system does not need to be restarted. Task lists are available for automation. Improved security and reduced manual effort. So Always keep
login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 1 . Never set it to 0.
- The Client Copy application exits now run in isolated environments. Failed exits and tables are stored in the log.
- The new authorization objects S_CLNT_CPY and S_CLNT_EXI are available
- The client copy always locks the target client.By default, the source client is also locked. Client lock prevent to GUI login as well as HTTP access.
- Client copies must no longer be executed from the target client. Instead, SAP recommend to run the Client Copy tool from a third client which is not affected by the tool. For example, when copying from client 000 to 100, you could run the tool in client 000 or 110.
You can ready SAP Official documentation on this as well with this link Click here.
Might be this practical work will help who is new in SAP BASIS or implementing S4HANA 1909. . This is new Concept By Design in S4HANA 1909.
Wish you a very Happy New Year -2020. Enjoy.
Thank You ,