Dear SAP Friends,
Welcome to another interesting topic i.e, pMRP
In my previous blog, I have explained an overview of pMRP and its features.
In this blog will show you steps on how to perform pMRP.
First of all, pMRP comes with only Fiori Apps there are no transactions available.
pMRP has 2 Apps
- Schedule pMRP Simulation Creation
- Process pMRP Simulations
Now let’s see how and what parameters need to maintain in order to get a bewildering outcome of pMRP.
Open Schedule pMRP Simulation Creation
Use of this app we can schedule the creation of pMRP simulations
- Click on Add
- As per the requirement and business fit select one of the following job templates in the Job Template field:
- Creation of pMRP Data via Top-Level Materials
We can use this template to generate reference data based on material data.
- Creation of pMRP Data via Work Center
We can use this template to generate reference data based on work centre data.
- Once selected Template as per requirement scroll down to Parameters
- Give ID for Reference & Simulation ID
Please not both should be different as shown below this are used for reporting and tracking purpose
- Bucket Category is a selection of Month / Week select as per requirement.
- Date Range
- And any other parameters if required to get more precision output
- Once all data is maintained click on Check to find any data inconsistency once all are good with error-free click schedule
- Once Scheduled Job is finished, we can see status and Logs
With this, we have successfully Scheduled pMRP Simulation
Open Process pMRP Simulations
Use of this app we can create multiple simulations, check the impact of simulated changes to capacity or demands on the KPIs, and take informed decisions for your production planning. we can also reduce inventory costs by making the right adjustments in our simulation.
Key Features of this app will Demand Plan Simulation & Capacity Plan Simulation in each simulation we will have different parameters that can be simulated/adjust
- Open App to check previously created Scheduling Simulation
- You can review the Capacity load and Demand load and make adjustments
- If every this is fine and system simulation is accurate to our business we can release the simulation so that it will reduce overload and distribute demand equally.
To know more please refer
Please share, Like and Comment anything else you want to share or add points.
Thanks & Regards
SME – S/4 HANA Manufacturing & Procurement
SAP Ariba P2P