In many smaller parts I will teach you how to build your first application and extend it step by step with more features. I will take you through a connected journey from the initial requirements to a full application.
I will keep updating this entry here and by time it should be a great source of information for all beginners. I will try to update it regularly and post regularly but I cannot yet promise you how fast I will be 🙂
A long time ago I posted many videos on how to develop with the Cloud Application Studio and I plan to create a whole new set for you which is up to date! Once I am finished this will also replace probably my old video collection.
Please note that I will focus on extending the SAP Sales Cloud and SAP Service Cloud in my examples.
Stay tuned for the first videos coming end of 2019 and more in Jan 2020 🙂
These 5 videos show you how to create in less than 30 minutes a new application with a database, a user interface and some simple business logic.
- Introduction of the Use Case
- Creating a new solution and new business object
- Creating your business logic
- Generating the UI and minimal fine tuning
- Testing the application
Fine tuning the UIs
- Basic fine tuning of the generated UIs
- Adding an object value selector (OVS)
- Adding a delete button
- Adding an automatic refresh
- Creating an embedded component for showing data in a standard tab
Improving the Business Object
- Linking to standard content via associations and binding it on the UI
- Adding a node to your business object
- Adding an attachment folder and binding it on the UI
Improving the Business Logic
- Creating a datasource for Analytics
- Summary of various other features
Adding Integration Features
- Providing a web service for your solution
- Consuming an external web service from your solution (SOAP)
- Consuming an external web service from your solution (REST)
Extending the Standard
- Adding custom code to a standard object
- UI Designer – explained!
- General Dev Enviroment – explained!
- Repository Explorer – explained!
- Implementation Manager and first deployment- explained!
- Solution Templates – explained!
- Official Help Documentation – highlighting!
I hope enjoyed those expert sessions!