How to debug GwaaS OData URL when using Postman(native app) for GET / POST Operation
You have the latest Postman native application (not chrome app) installed in your system.
You have access to GwaaS OData URL similar to the below which you intending to debug:
I recently switched from Postman chrome app to Postman native app and was trying to debug a GwaaS URL as I have to perform POST operation to one of my OData service deployed at SAP Cloud platform.
When I execute a GET operation in Postman native app, I wanted to hit my external breakpoint in my DPC extension class but it did not happen. The same was possible if I use this URL in Chrome.
So I researched a bit on this topic and found that cookies captured in chrome play a big role here and thought to write this blog to help whoever is facing a similar issue.
- Make a GET call to the service and capture the cookie in Chrome
2. Copy the full cookie value.
3. Paste this cookie in Header of Postman along with extra Keys as below:
Cookie = captured from chrome
Content-Type = application/json
X-CSRF-Token = Fetch (If you want to POST)
4. Now put an external breakpoint (with same user ID as used in Postman Basic Authentication)
5. Send the request and the breakpoint should hit.
6. Once the GET operation is successful, CSRF token should be returned in the header
7. If you want to execute POST operation then use this CSRF Token along with the same cookie, Content-Type key and data in the Body tab.
If you follow the above steps, you should be able to debug your OData service which is deployed on SAP Cloud platform using Postman native app. This blog will help you to perform POST operation debug on GwaaS URL.
I hope this post will be helpful to you.