The Power of SAP S/4HANA #5 – Integration with SAP C/4HANA Field Service Management
Handling service requirements regularly involves more than one party and more than one system. Each service engagement starts with a service order, which is created by a service manager as the result of an installation or repair request. The service order initiates the service execution process, which involves not only the execution of the service itself, but also the identification of an available service technician with the required skills.
The latter is the task of the team lead of a service team, who acts as a dispatcher and decides where to send the service technicians of his team. The overall goal is to optimize the utilization by defining the best order of activities with regards to optimizing routes and reducing slack. For this task a dedicated dispatching and scheduling tool is needed.
Finally, the service needs to be executed in the field, while being continuously tracked. For this purpose, it does not make sense to stick to a desktop application. Rather a mobile application on a tablet or smartphone is needed to be used in the field. The example shows, why there is a justified risk of breaks with regards to data consistency and thus service experience. SAP S/4HANA and SAP C/4HANA Field Service Management have been integrated to reduce this risk to a minimum.
- SAP S/4HANA as a powerful backend system makes sure that the service process is fully integrated into the overall business process context of a company.
- SAP S/4HANA makes use of the proven SAP Fiori user interface to make the creation of service orders as simple and straightforward as possible.
- SAP S/4HANA leverages embedded charts to visualize the status of service orders with the goal of providing a quick and efficient overview.
- SAP S/4HANA is integrated with SAP C/4HANA Field Service Management. Thus, service orders are replicated as soon as they are released and saved.
- SAP C/4HANA Field Service Management offers a dedicated dispatching and scheduling board, where the dispatcher schedules the activities of service technicians and keeps track of them.
- In SAP C/4HANA Field Service Management the replicated service order from the SAP S/4HANA backend is listed to be scheduled and assigned via drag and drop on the dispatching and scheduling board.
- SAP C/4HANA Field Service Management is integrated with a corresponding mobile application, where the assigned activities become visible for the service technician.
- SAP C/4HANA Field Service Management also allows to maintain a time and material journal, where the consumed time and materials are monitored and approved as soon as they are entered by the service technician through a mobile device.
- The mobile application, which is available for the established mobile operating systems, provides the service technician all information that is required to execute and track a job.
- The mobile application works online and offline, which allows its usage, even if there is no internet connection onsite. The captured data is simply synchronized as soon as the connection is available again.
- The mobile application not only captures the required time and the required material, but also enables an onsite sign-off process for the executed service and further features to support the service technician.
Create service orders in SAP S/4HANA based on service requirements, leveraging the simple SAP Fiori interface to enter basic data and required service items. Release (1) the service items and save (2) the order to replicate it into SAP C/4HANA Field Service Management.
The SAP C/4HANA Field Service Management Dispatching and Scheduling Board gives a quick overview of all service orders and available service technicians. Leverage the intuitive drag and drop functionality to dispatch the service orders. Schedule them in order to optimize the capacity utilization of your technicians.
The SAP C/4HANA Field Service Management mobile app is available for Android and iOS devices and facilitates tracking and communication of service fulfillment. Having finished a service, the service technician can easily enter the required time as well as the required materials. Entering data works online and offline to support the service technician in the moment he fulfills the service. Back online, he can easily synchronize the latest status and receive new jobs.
Monitor the Time and Material Journal in SAP C/4HANA Field Service Management to review and approve service activities entered by your service technicians. The approval of an activity automatically updates the SAP S/4HANA backend.
Find your service order in SAP S/4HANA and already get a first graphical impression of the process status in the list view (1). The detailed view offers further graphical representations visualizing the service fulfillment as well as its costs (2). With confirming the executed service, it is ready for follow up activities like the release for billing. The example shows the SAP S/4HANA Cloud version of the service order screen.
Thanks to the integration of SAP S/4HANA and SAP C/4HANA Field Service Management, processing services is no longer a trade-of between specific system functionality and data consistency. You can now fully leverage the specific functionalities of dedicated back and front office systems and provide a seamless service experience at the same time.
Watch the video, which was created in collaboration with Lan Zhang and team, to get a first impression. The introduced integration is only one of the manifold innovations enabled by SAP S/4HANA. To find out more, stay tuned for our upcoming videos and blogs and feel free to have a look here:
SAP S/4HANA Feature Scope Description: http://spr.ly/6009Ds0UT
SAP Fiori Application Library: http://spr.ly/6006Ds0Uw
SAP S/4HANA Trials: http://spr.ly/6005Ds0Uc
Any guide for integration of sap FSM with slack for field service engineers?
Is there any integration with S/4 HANA Project System i.e., with WBS element to capture costs and control Budget for the service orders