Talk to the hand ’cause it’s listening to record your time
Time Recording is seen as one of the boring, low-value activities, perceived as micromanagement and many employees tend to procrastinate this task to the very end. Which ends up project managers chasing down the untracked time via spreadsheets and e-mail reminder. When the employee finally spends time to bulk maintain the last 30 days, only half of the truth can be recalled, which ends up on poor data, which consequently leads to bad decisions. Let’s face it, not all tasks of the day are exciting. Some just feel dull, because they are. But we still have to wash those dishes and take care of those monotone, routine tasks.
We provide a prototype in open source code, to leverage parts of it for your own developments. It demonstrates that employees can now record time for projects whenever they have time and wherever they are by leveraging intelligent technologies.
In the sample code, the core functionality got divided in six steps:
- Synchronize all project data from SAP Business One or SAP Business ByDesign to SAP Conversational AI
- Synchronize all employee master data from SAP Business One and SAP Business ByDesign into SAP Cloud Platform
- Send available employee pictures to Microsoft Azure Cognitive Services for training
- Take or upload a picture and send it to the Microsoft Cognitive Services Facial Recognition API for a face recognition of the employee
- SAP Conversational AI will start the conversation with the employee and ask for details about a time recording for which project at what stage on which date and for how many hours etc.
- The time is being recorded by the prototype
Watch the video on how time recording can be made easier with the help of face recognition combined with a chat bot.
Screenshot of the prototype:
Are you interested to co-innovate with SAP and having the need of an intelligent technology, such as machine learning, IoT, Blockchain, you name it? Please get in contact with your SAP Business One or SAP Business ByDesign Local Product Expert at SAP.