SAP Business One® Powered by SAP HANA® on SUSE Linux Enterprise Ready to Run
SUSE have released a new version of SAP Business One® pre-installed OS image for Business One.
Since SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 we are happy to provide an pre-installed OS image which simplify the deployment process of SAP Business One®. The pre-installed OS image for Business One is a cooperation project between SAP, Hardware Partners and SUSE. Over the last three month we have developed,verified, fixed, verified and verified again. I’ve to say “Thank you” for all people who are involved in this project to make this happen. My great thanks to all Hardware Partners which are willing to verify the new pre-installed OS image for Business One and take care that this will work with their appliances.
Some small fact you should aware of:
- Base operating system of the pre-installed OS image for Business One is: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP4
- SUSE SAP Installation Wizard (partitioning and installation of SAP HANA and SAP Business One)
- System optimization for SAP HANA® and SAP Business One® in place
- Made for bare metal deployments only
- The pre-installed OS image requires a normal SUSE subscription for SLES and is a service from SUSE for the Business One partners without additional costs
- Can be activated with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server or SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications with suitable subscriptions
- in case of SLES for SAP Applications two migration are required:
- technical migration (product change) and a business migration (new subscription)
- SAP software for SAP HANA® and SAP Business One® is NOT part of the image
- Installation documentation is provided by SAP (there is no difference to the existing SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP3 edition)
- SAP HANA Systemreplication automation is only possible with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications (Best Practice)
- needs suitable subscription
- needs migration
News and outlook:
As a result the new pre-installed OS image for Business One is verified by two new hardware partners in addition. They started from scratch and did the SAP certification and image validation. Nutanix and Supermicro have validated and contributed to support there hardware platform for the new pre-installed OS image for Business One. I’m responsible in the SAP LinuxLab here in St. Leon-Rot to coordinate the communication and try to assist all parties during the process.
We already have started internally the planing for the new deployment method to support SAP Business One® version 10.0. Our new method will be based on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP1 and is mandatory for SAP Business One® 10.0. One last thing, we take care for SAP note 1944415 and do updates from time to time.
This is Bernd (SUSE) from the SAP Alliance team onsite in the LinuxLab