Download fine tuning activity content
Recently our client requested for list of statutes assigned to one of the status schema. Unfortunately neither business team nor us had upload excel used during status creation and mapping .
While checking statuses assigned to status profile in fine tuning we found that total count is 124 as shown below
SAP has not provided any excel download features yet which makes these simple things much time taking.
- Manual copy and paste: One of the solution is to assign one dedicated person who will do copy and paste but this is really time consuming.
- Check developer tool for any XHR response : – If you check developer tools , you would find JSON object in network tab, When you will click on it and see response you would find response in JSON format as shown below
- In above screenshot under code list object you would see two arrays [0..99] and other [100..132], this array holds all the statuses
- You may use any JSON viewer to see the tree structure of JSON, Copy JSON response and paste in any JSON viewer.
- Next step is to parse JSON and fetch all statuses , time to write some code in console.
- Copy Json and assign it to any variable . Then traverse through the variable to fetch statuses array.
- Sample code
var response = json
- Next copy and paste all statuses in excel. It would look something like below
- Finally use some excel tricks to remove unwanted symbols
Here you go , all your statuses are downloaded. You may use this to check if this method can be applied to other fine tuning activity.
You may decide which option suits you .
Note: In my example you would have noticed I got 133 statuses instead of desired 124 result. This happens because this status profile is on page 2, so always default status profile statuses which is selected once you enter this fine tuning will also be in this download. You need to remove those 9 extra manually from your downloaded excel.
Fantastic Idea to download the fine tune activity detail. very well explained, Thank you for sharing. 🙂
Thanks Nikhil !