SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA – Overview Pages in SAP S/4HANA – a good place to start
- January 2023: There are now 65 Overview Pages available. The following apps have been added:
- F6248 Production Cost Overview Event-Based for Cost Accountant – Production
- F5479 Receipts and Return Overview for Receiving Specialist (Oil and Gas)
- October 2022: There are now 62 Overview Pages in SAP S/4HANA 2022. The following app has been added:
- F6601 At-Risk Customers Overview for Accounts Receivable Manager – Public Sector
- September 2022: There are now 61 Overview Pages in SAP S/4HANA 2021. The following app has been added
- February 2022: There are now 60 Overview Pages in SAP S/4HANA 2021. The following apps have been added:
- F5122 Analyzer Warehouse Order – for Warehouse Clerk (Extended Warehouse Management)
- F4975 Overview of JIT Calls for Supply to Production for Other
- F5376 Ticket Overview for Logistics Automation Specialist – Data Collation
- March 2021: 1 new Overview page has been added with SAP S/4HANA 2020 FPS01 F4743 Route Overview for Transportation Manager – Direct Distribution.
- October 2020: Two(2) new Overview Pages have been added with SAP S/4HANA 2020 – F3607 Service Management Overview for Customer Service Manager (Customer Management) and F4674 My Store Overview for Retail Store Manager. This takes the total number of Overview Pages to 55. Links have been added to the table so you can launch directly to the related app details in the SAP Fiori apps reference library.
- 13 Feb 2020: Another Overview Page has been added with SAP S/4HANA 1909 FPS01 – the Supply and Demand Cockpit for Order Fulfillment Manager (Retail). This takes the total number of Overview Pages to 53
For customers starting a SAP S/4HANA project with a SAP Fiori first approach, one of the first types of apps to consider are Overview Pages. I had this conversation recently with a new SAP S/4HANA Oil and Gas customer starting out on SAP S/4HANA 1909. Since they were doing a greenfield (i.e. install from scratch) implementation, and there was no history of SAP usage to consider, they want to go SAP Fiori first. Why Overview Pages? Overview pages make a great entry point for fit-gap and for the home page of any business role.
The first Overview Pages appeared in SAP S/4HANA 1610. Now in SAP S/4HANA 2020 FPS01 there are 56 Overview Pages delivered as part of your SAP S/4HANA solution. You can find a list of all of these at the end of this blog post, plus some suggestions re alternatives if your chosen business role does not provide an Overview Page in your SAP S/4HANA release.
You can try these Overview Page apps for yourself using a SAP S/4HANA trial solution.
Overview Pages are an intuitive cockpit of related cards for a specific business domain within SAP S/4HANA. The aim of an Overview Page is to give you a heterogenous dashboard of all the major concerns of a particular business role.
Note: This concept is somewhat different to the Fiori 3 Central Launchpad concept where the aim is to support a heterogenous dashboard across on-premise and cloud solutions for all the concerns of a specific user.
You can watch a short video explaining the purpose and major features in Getting started with SAP Fiori elements video series: Introducing Overview Pages. Overview Pages:
- Support a number of different card types as explained in SAP Fiori 2.0 The Ideal Overview
- Are an insight-to-action entry point to other apps and classic user interfaces as explained in Understanding insight to action app to app navigation
- Can be adapted or extended to cover additional requirements
- And you can even build your own custom Overview Pages from scratch.
So when considering your own business roles, Overview Pages are a great place to start evaluating the SAP Business role to your own business roles. For example, a good time to evaluate Overview Pages is in the Explore phase when running a project using SAP Activate Methodology.
SAP Overview Page major features using a real-life example
Note: The screenshots in this blog were taken using a SAP S/4HANA 1909 Fully Activated Appliance trial with demo user S4H_FIN_DEM and S4H_FIN.
Here you can see the SAP Fiori app F2445 General Ledger Overview Page – just one example.
SAP Fiori Overview Pages are also extremely flexible and personalizable. Overview Page features have improved in each SAP S/4HANA & related SAPUI5 release. You can check the features available in your SAPUI5 release in the SAP Fiori Design Guidelines.
Tip: You can check your SAPUI5 release using the About dialog in the User Actions menu of your SAP S/4HANA 1909 system or in the Me Area in earlier SAP S/4HANA releases) as explained in Finding the Technical Name of an app.
In SAP S/4HANA as a business user you can:
- Filter all cards together using the Smart Filter
- Rearrange cards via drag and drop
- Resize cards – both vertically and horizontally using the resize icon in the bottom right hand corner of the card
- Vertical resizing available since SAP S/4HANA 1809 FPS01
- Horizontal resizing available since SAP S/4HANA 1909
- Get more data on a data point just by hovering your cursor on the data point to bring up a tooltip with more information
- Navigate to other apps and classic user interfaces depending on the card type and app-to-app configuration
- For example, by cursor selecting the the card header, rows in a list card, data points in a chart card, a link in a list card, etc.
- Hide unwanted cards using the Manage Cards option in the User Actions menu
- Note: In earlier SAP S/4HANA releases Manage Cards appears in the lefthand pane of the Fiori launchpad known as the Me area
Here you can see an example of cards filtered on various parameters such as currency Euro (EUR) and key date. Just enter your parameters in the Smart Filter bar at the top and press Go to apply the filter.
Here you can see what it looks like when you are in the process of dragging and dropping, just position your cursor on a card header and move the cursor to rearrange the display. When you drop the Overview Page will automatically snap the card into the nearest grid position.
Tip: Read the SAP Fiori Design Guidelines – Overview Page section Structure to understand the grid layout and how it adapts to different device types.
To resize a card you simply position your cursor on the resize icon in the bottom right hand corner of a card and drag the edge of the card with your cursor to the desired length and width.
You can get more data on a data point by hovering cursor on the data point in the chart. Here you see that hovering on the July column shows the exact amount of Actuals is 534 EUR.
If you need to hide (or show a hidden) card, you can access the Mange Cards personalization feature in the User Actions menu (or in the Me area in previous SAP S/4HANA releases).
You simply toggle the slider buttons to hide or show each card.
You also have all the usual Smart Filter capabilities such as:
- Collapse (or expand) the filter area, e.g. to make more space
- Adapt Filters to change your filter criteria
- You can save your filter as a new filter variant and, if authorized, share it with other users
- You can save a filter variant as your default when entering the Overview Page, including applying your default filters automatically on entry to the app, i.e. without having to press the Go button
- Save your filter variant as a new tile on your Fiori launchpad home page
- Send your filter variant via an email link
Tip: As of SAP S/4HANA 1909, you can now mark filter variants as favorites
Like many delivered SAP Fiori apps you can also get in-app user assistance using the help icon – click on the bubble or the explanation to see an explanation of the related card or term.
Or select What’s this app? to get to the app documentation.
Adapting cards on behalf of other users
For customers using SAP S/4HANA 1809 FPS01 (SAPUI5 1.60) or higher you can also adjust Overview Pages as an authorized key user using the Adapt UI option in the User Actions menu (in SAP S/4HANA 1909, or in the Me area in prior SAP S/4HANA releases).
IMPORTANT: You only see the Adapt UI option if you are authorized, e.g. using the provided security role SAP_UI_FLEX_KEY_USER. Find out more about Key User functions and their prerequisites in Adapting Fiori apps at Runtime – Key User Adaptation
In SAP S/4HANA 1909 as a key user you can make the following changes on behalf of all users:
- Preset the default smart filter variant
- Hide/show cards by default
- Rearrange cards via drag and drop
- Resize cards (using Edit Card option)
- Edit cards
- g. Change the title and subtitle of cards, set the default view, change the number of columns or rows shown in a list card
- Copy cards
- g. To create a similar card in the same overview page with different configuration
- Add a Link List card to link to other apps or URLS
- Add a KPI card
Tip: You can also access make changes to the Smart Filter bar – such as to hide it, or you can remove the ability to create filter variants.
In UI Adaptation mode, you can use the context menu on any card to access the key user options.
Extending or Building cards as a Developer
Yes you can extend a delivered SAP Fiori Overview Page using a Fiori Adaptation Project. Find out what’s possible in the SAPUI5 SDK > Developing Apps with SAP Fiori elements > How to use SAP Fiori elements > Extending SAP Fiori elements-based apps > Extending Delivered Apps using Adaptation Extensions
You can also build your own custom SAP Fiori Overview Pages
See how Linde created their own custom SAP Fiori Overview Page in Linde uses SAP Fiori elements to reduce pressure on their development pipeline.
Here you see an example of a custom Overview Page we created in the SAP S/4HANA RIG.
You can even provide key user capabilities on your own Overview Page.
Find out more about building Overview Pages in the SAPUI5 SDK > Developing Apps with SAP Fiori elements > Overview Pages.
Get more information on Fiori elements in the SAP Community
Find more blogs and examples of what other customers have done with Overview Pages in the Fiori elements wiki
Finding SAP Fiori Overview Pages in the SAP Fiori Apps reference Library
In the SAP Fiori apps library, select the main filter SAP Fiori apps for SAP S/4HANA.
Then use the filter icon to narrow down your search.
Select the filter UI Technology then SAP Fiori elements Overview Page and press Ok.
Then select your desired sub filter such as All Apps or By Roles.
Or if you want to find out more details for an app you happen to see in a SAP Business Role in your own SAP S/4HANA system, just use the About dialog in the User Actions menu to find the app id e.g. F2445, and you can search the SAP Fiori apps reference library using the app id, as explained in Finding the Technical Name of an app.
Each entry in the SAP Fiori apps reference library gives more information such as:
- App Documentation link on the Product Features tab – e.g. to find out which cards are available in your SAP S/4HANA release
- Optionally, related Best Practice guide on the Product Feateres tab – prerequisites and configuration options
- Related Apps on the Implementation Information tab – such as available app to app navigation targets
Related apps, e.g. navigation targets of the various cards in the Overview Page, are shown towards the bottom of the Implementation Information tab.
SAP Fiori Overview Pages delivered in SAP S/4HANA
Below you can find a quick summary list of all the Overview Pages by SAP Business Role, and in which SAP S/4HANA release they first became available.
|Role Name||Fiori App Id||App Name||Available since SAP S/4HANA Release|
|Accounts Payable Manager||F2917||Accounts Payable Overview||1809|
|Accounts Receivable Manager||F3242||Accounts Receivable Overview||1809|
Accounts Receivable Manager – Public Sector
|F6601||At-Risk Customers Overview||2022|
|Asset Accountant||F3096||Asset Accounting Overview||1809|
|Billing Specialist||F2801||Outstanding Billing Overview||1709|
|Billing Specialist||F2709||Periodic Billing Overview||1709|
|Billing Specialist||F3135||Periodic Invoicing Overview||1809|
|Cash Manager||F3775||Bank Relationship Overview||1909|
|Configuration Expert – Business Process Configuration||F3912||Central Procurement Operations Monitor||1909|
|Contract Valuation Specialist – Leasing||F4035||Valuation Cockpit||1909|
|Cost Accountant – Production||F6248||F6248 Production Cost Overview Event-Based||2022|
|Cost Accountant – Sales||F3228||Sales Accounting Overview||1809|
|Customer Service Manager (Customer Management)||F3607||Service Management Overview||2020|
|Development Manager||F3384||Engineering Cockpit||1809|
|General Ledger Accountant||F2445||General Ledger Overview||1809|
|General Ledger Accountant||F3303||Monitor GR/IR Account Reconciliation||1809 FPS01|
|Insurance Claims Supervisor||F2635||Claims Supervisor Overview||1709|
|Internal Sales Representative||F2200||My Sales Overview||1709|
|Internal Sales Representative||F3474||Product Allocation Overview||1809|
|Inventory Analyst||F3366||Inventory Analysis Overview||1909|
|Inventory Manager||F2769||Overview Inventory Management||1709|
|Legal Counsel||F2933||Legal Content Overview Page||1809|
|Logistics Automation Specialist – Data Collation
||F5376||Ticket Overview||2020 FPS01|
|Maintenance Planner||F2828||Maintenance Planning Overview||1809|
|Maintenance Planner – Resource Scheduling||F2227||Resource Scheduling for Maintenance Planners||1610|
|Master Data Specialist – Business Partner Data||F3118||Master Data Process Overview for Business Partner||1809|
|Master Data Specialist – Financial Data||F3428||Master Data Process Overview for Financial Data||1809|
|Master Data Specialist – Product Data||F3119||Master Data Process Overview for Product||1809|
|Master Data Steward – Business Partner Data||F3900||Data Quality Evaluation Overview for Business Partners||1909|
|Master Data Steward – Product Data||F3260||Data Quality Evaluation Overview for Products||1809|
|Master Data Steward – Product Data||F2519||Master Data Remediation Overview Products||1709|
|Meter Data Specialist||F2786||Periodic Meter Reading Overview||1709|
|Order-to-Cash Process Manager||F2242||Order-to-Cash Performance – Overview||1610|
|Order Fulfillment Manager (Retail)||F4373||Supply and Demand Cockpit||1909 FPS01|
|Other||F3933||Overview of JIT Supply To Customer||1909|
|Other||F4975||Overview of JIT Calls for Supply to Production||2020 FPS02|
|Product Configuration Modeler||F2940||Variant Configuration Overview||1809|
|Production Planner||F2832||Planner Overview||1809|
|Project Manager||F1876||My Projects – Project Manager||1610|
|Purchaser||F1990||Procurement Overview Page||1610|
|Quality Engineer||F2360||Quality Engineer Overview||1709|
|Quality Technician||F2361||Quality Technician Overview||1709|
|Receiving Specialist (Oil and Gas)||F5479||F5479 Receipts and Return Overview||2022|
|Recipe Developer||F3109||My Recipe Overview||1809|
|Retail Store Manager||F4674||My Store Overview||2020|
|Revenue Accountant||F4067||Revenue Accounting Overview||1909|
|Sales Manager||F2601||Sales Management Overview||1709|
|Transportation Manager||F2673||Allocation Compliance||1709|
|Transportation Manager||F2674||Business Share||1709|
|Transportation Manager||F2677||Freight Booking Execution||1709|
|Transportation Manager||F2678||Freight Booking: Quantity driven operational Business||1709|
|Transportation Manager||F2675||Freight Order Execution||1709|
|Transportation Manager||F2676||Freight Order: Quantity driven operational Business||1709|
|Transportation Manager||F2672||Transportation Costs||1809|
|Transportation Manager – Cargo Flow||F6149||Port Call Analysis – CSL||2021|
|Transportation Manager – Direct Distribution||F4743||Route Overview||2020 FPS01|
|Treasury Risk Manager||F2331||Foreign Exchange Overview||1709|
|Treasury Risk Manager||F3098||Interest Rate Overview||1809|
|Treasury Risk Manager||F3941||Market Data Overview||1909|
|Warehouse Clerk||F2416||Overview Inventory Processing||1709|
|Warehouse Clerk||F4024||Warehouse KPIs – Operations||1909|
Warehouse Clerk (Extended Warehouse Management)
|F5122||Analyzer Warehouse Order||2021|
What to do if your selected SAP Business Role does not have a delivered SAP Fiori Overview Page
You can always build your own SAP Fiori Overview Page as explained in Getting Started with SAP Fiori elements: Creating Overview Pages.
However if you want to maximize use of SAP delivered Fiori apps, consider searching for apps in your Business Role with Manage or Monitor or Worklist in the app name.
Manage, Monitor, and Worklist apps often act as simple dashboards that are also good entry points as they natively support app-to-app navigation as shown in Adjusting insight to action app to app navigation.
Becoming a SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA guru
You’ll find much more on the community topic page for SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA
Other helpful links in the SAP Community:
- Follow our tag SAP S/4HANA RIG for more from the SAP S/4HANA Customer Care and RIG
- See all questions and answers about SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA
- Follow SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA for more blogs and updates
- Ask a Question about SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA
Brought to you by the SAP S/4HANA Customer Care and RIG.
HI Jocelyn ,
Quite Informative . However after hiding the card once it is published , other user still have the option to turn on the hidden card . Is there any option apart from adaptation to permanently hide the card.
HI Indranil, For this scenario not yet. Please raise a request as a SAP Incident asking for this to CA-UI5-ST and state the business scenario.
My thinking would be this is a good use case to include as a Fiori Adaptation Project
Hi Jocelyn ,
I will discuss it in the next product meeting . However , if there are any way to to hide the personalization option for OVP , then the also it can be achievable . However I am not able to locate any role for the same . Not sure if there is any role specifically exist for the same .
I don't think we would want to remove the Manage Cards option from the user - as then they can't show/hide available cards. We just want the key user to be able to hide from all users any cards that are not relevant/not relevant yet to the actual business role.
Thanks for the summary. Good to use as an „overview“ on Fiori OVP
Good use case for SAP Overview Page Custom Card: