SAP Analysis 2.8 ( GA by November 29th) brings a structural code change in EPM Plug in.
Indeed, EPM Plug in code has been replaced by EPM add-in code.
Main goal is to ensure smooth transition to the EPM version contained into SAP Analysis for Office and simplify user experience:
- No VBA replacement required anymore as both VBA EPM standalone as VBA EPM plug in are recognized
- Extensions of the EPM add in code can also leverage from EPM Plug in ( e.g SAP Integrated Business Planning Excel front end )
- Dedicated Start menu Short cuts for EPM (Word,Excel,PPT)
- About box & installer mentions EPM add in version
- BPC plug in not yet supported ( planned SP1)
- Refresh all / Refresh Workbook
For more details, please refer to SAP note 2860705
For more details about SAP Analysis for Office 2.8 see Announcing general availability of Analysis Office 2.8