SAP Analysis Office 2.8: Simplifying the EPM plug-in usage
SAP Analysis 2.8 ( GA by November 29th) brings a structural code change in EPM Plug in.
Indeed, EPM Plug in code has been replaced by EPM add-in code.
Main goal is to ensure smooth transition to the EPM version contained into SAP Analysis for Office and simplify user experience:
- No VBA replacement required anymore as both VBA EPM standalone as VBA EPM plug in are recognized
- Extensions of the EPM add in code can also leverage from EPM Plug in ( e.g SAP Integrated Business Planning Excel front end )
- Dedicated Start menu Short cuts for EPM (Word,Excel,PPT)
- About box & installer mentions EPM add in version
- BPC plug in not yet supported ( planned SP1)
- Refresh all / Refresh Workbook
For more details, please refer to SAP note 2860705
For more details about SAP Analysis for Office 2.8 see Announcing general availability of Analysis Office 2.8
"No VBA replacement required anymore as both VBA EPM standalone as VBA EPM plug in are recognized"
This is a great savior for us. Else, we had to replace all custom VBA we have.
Additionally, we haven't noticed any conflicts with other Add ins we used to face.