Here I briefed about below points on SAP Cloud Platform Mobile services.
- what is SAP cloud platform mobile services
- why is it required
SAP Cloud Platform Mobile Services:
This is a Platform as a service(PAAS) offering which provides facilities and building blocks that let’s us to create applications for B2E(Business to Employee), B2B(Business to Business) and B2C(Business to Consumer) applications.
SAP Cloud Platform mobile services aims to:
- Native/Hybrid features:
applications on different IOS versions which runs on top of SAP Cloud Platform SDK for IOS following Fiori design guidelines, low code components and add-ons to make developments easier.
Using, SAP Cloud Platform SDK for Android and windows, we can implement apache cordova based hybrid applications.
- Mobile Development Kit:
Allows to quickly modify apps using SAP WEB IDE and roll out to multiple users.
- SAP Fiori Client:
Customizable enterprise browser which allows us to reuse the existing infrastructure forr and exposing mobile web apps.
Why SAP Cloud Platform Mobile services is essential:
- We can give our applications the ability to operate completely in flight mode: This increases user experience since the data exists on our devices is much faster than going over the network for every screen.
- We also have push notifications where you can notify business users or consumers about outstanding updates, important events, we can choose either to send notification to all of the business customers or to a specific group of users.
- Supportability feature and enterprise security in order to run a secure enterprise mobile app.
- Productive development
- consumer grade user experience
- Metadata driven approach
Also i would like to simplify on Mobile Development Kit (MDK):
- Allows us to build native mobile apps and make use of native mobile qualities such as barcode scanner, camera and so.
- MDK is available for IOS which runs on top of SAP Cloud Platform SDK for IOS.
- These applications are developed using SAP WEB IDE.
- It displays native controls to end users regardless of offline or online, users will get the same experience.
- We use MDK client(similar to SAP Fiori Client) for IOS where are are able to receive new updates without the need of any action.
Thank you for reading this blog. Please update for comments.