Enhancing Search Models in S/4 HANA PLM
In SAP S/4 HANA PLM as part of simplification many fields are taken out from search parameters in the advance search. Ex. Search based on label language in Label Advance search or Validity Area..
To accommodate these search we need to enhance the search models. The point to note here is that we cannot make changes to standard Model fields in S/4 HANA.
This blog post describes the process on how we can enhance the search models to add new fields and make search work.
To add these fields back we need to enhance the underlying search models. In our example we are going to enhance the Label Model to add label Language back as a search parameter.
we need to follow the below steps to accomplish the changes.
- Go to transaction ESH_MODELER. Select the software component SAPAPPLH, go to Software Components->Maintain Software Components->Create
Give below parameters and then click to create. When it’s done click on save to exit.
2. Capture the changes under TR
3. Select the software component ZSAPAPPLH, go to Software Components->Include Software Components and include the SAPAPPLH standard software package inside.
4. Open the LABEL_H model under the new custom software component created (ZSAPAPPLH) in edit mode.
Click Yes to Continue..
5. Go to (2) Model nodes tab and click on create node.
6. Create a new custom node ZRMSLA_HDDS with below parameters, as a copy of RMSLA_HDDS and then go with next
Delete semantics of LANGU attribute (It should be blank).Click on Next to the Node Relations
7. Select the parent node RMSLA_HD from top, click on Create->Composition then select ZRMSLA_HDDS as target node for relation
8. Go to (4) Model Requests Tab. Click to add and Attributes/Groups from Node
9. Select below request attributes (LANGU and DESCRIPTION) from ZRMSLA_HDDS
10. Edit the attribute names as ZZLANGU1 and ZZDESCRIPTION1, select Freestyle search option for ZZDESCRIPTION1. Then click to next.
Save the model, and we are done from the Model side.
11. Now we need to Enhance the structure /PLMB/S_LBL_SEA_CRIT_HDR and /PLMB/S_LBL_SEA_CRIT_HDR_UI with the two new request attributes which were add to the search model.
Add these two attributes to the context node LBL_GNRL_ESH of the COMPONENTCONTROLLER of the WD /PLMU/WDC_LBL_SEA_TAB_ESH.
Go to SE80 and enter the Webdynpro Comp and make the changes.
12. Update the context node mapping in the context of the view V_LBL_GENERAL. Create two new input fields in the layout and assign them to the context attribute
13. Recreate the Search connectors once the changes are completed, using STC01 and task SAP_ESH_CREATE_INDEX_SC”.
14. Now you can see the language field is added back to the Advance Search for Label.
Hope this helps..