Eat, Meet, Love: My SAP TechEd Bangalore 2019
The SAP TechEd is a three days conference in which participants, mostly a technical audience, can attend lectures, hands-on sessions and demos on the show floor. If you are interested in learning about the newest and latest, attending SAP TechEd is like being in a candy shop.
The conferences took place in three different locations: Las Vegas in September, Barcelona in October and finally Bengaluru in November. On behalf of openSAP I attended both Vegas and Bengaluru. In this blog I would like to share with you my experience in the latter.
Learned it, earned it.
For openSAP it all started with a Big Bang.
1/3 of our users are from India, we wanted to do something special for them. We organized a T-Shirt give away planned to happen on the key notes with Jürgen Müller, SAP’s CTO and executive’s board member.
Thanks to the help of the local support team, we managed to reserve seats in the front rows, and it was brilliant to see the group growing as the hall was filling. The best moment was when Jürgen asked all the openSAP users to stand up. Half of the room got up!
Meeting all of You!
The beauty of these events is that we get to interact with our end users in person. We had lots of good conversations. My goals were to gather feedback, and to learn what could we improve. My FAQs were:
- What is that you like about openSAP?
- It is free of charge and gives access to the SAP’s world
- Gain knowledge to advance the career
- My personal favorite: “There is no consultant that doesn’t use openSAP!”. You can always stay up-to-date.
- Which feature did you like the most?
- Learn any time at your own pace
- Hands on exercises
- Connecting with the experts in the discussion forum
- Deadlines in the assignments
- What would you like to change/improve on openSAP?
- More in-depth courses
- More Hands-on exercises
Attending the SAP TechEd is a privilege and I wanted to bring a piece of this event home, back to the openSAP team. We asked you to share some handwritten feedback and we collected a lot of nice thoughts. My colleagues were very curious to read through all of your posts and were very happy about your kind words. It gave us lots of positive energy to close this year and start 2020.
To conclude on a personal note, I would like to thank all of you who:
- Stepped by and shared some time with us
- Made us laugh – there were many, many laughs!
- Discussed improvement with us
- Filmed video testimonials amongst all the mosquitos (yeah, I know I made you curious… More on this to come)
- Taught me how to dance on celebration night. It was a blast!
- Had tea with me in my (rare) breaks
- Got me a little present for having helped
- Joined me for two live interviews
- Helped me practice my (poor) hindi
- Unknowingly gave me a hashtag as #openSAPgirl
- Introduced me to the wonderful SAP Community
- My partner in crime Ankit who joined me in this adventure!
You made this SAP TechEd i.n.c.r.e.d.i.b.l.e