With accelerated customer returns (return type CBAR) in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, you can manage your customer returns in an accelerated process. Accelerated customer returns can be created with reference to preceding documents. However, conditions need to be applied when doing so.
Supported Document Categories for Reference
Currently in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, only the following document categories can be used as a reference document type for creating accelerated customer returns:
- Sales order
- Sales Order without Charge
Note: As of SAP S/4HANA CE2002, sales order without charge will be supported.
Supported Channels for Creating with Reference
The following channels are supported when creating accelerated returns with reference:
- Fiori app “Manage customer Returns” – Currently, this app supports only creating with reference. Additionally, status checks for reference documents are performed – sales orders and invoices must meet the following criteria to be referenced by accelerated returns:
- Sales order must be delivered, fully or partially, or purchase documents are generated for 3rd party sales.
- Invoice must be completely processed and is not canceled.
To create without reference, use the “Customer Return” app and choose “Create Customer Return” from the related apps.
- OData API: “Customer Return (A2X)” – As of SAP S/4HANA CE2002, you can use this API to create returns with reference. To flexibly support different use cases, there is no status check for reference documents when using this API.
- WebGUI app “Create Customer Return” – There is no status check for reference documents when using this WebGUI app.
Note: As of SAP S/4HANA CE2002, the status check for reference documents are removed from the “Manage customer Returns” Fiori app, for the consistency among other channels.