Solution available from releases SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1905 and SAP S/4HANA 1909.
In Italy, government issues CUP and CIG codes to identify contracts or assignments with public investments. These codes help the government to track the financial data.
- CUP (Codice Unico di Progetto) – Unique Project Code
- CIG (Codice Identificativo Gara) – Tender Identification Code
Since 2015 new MGO code is required when public investment project is big and strategic:
- MGO (Monitoraggio Grandi Opere) – Big Project Monitoring
- It needs to be submitted with credit transfer together with CUP
- It is an extension of the CUP/CIG functionality
There are only several valid options how CUP, CIG and MGO codes can be combined and processed:
|✓||✓||Only incoming invoices|
The guides below should help you understand the changes that were made to simplify operational processes with CUP, CIG and MGO codes in SAP/S4HANA Cloud.
I will demonstrate to you how to put codes directly on Accounting Document via:
- Create Incoming Invoice/Create Outgoing Invoice
- Manage Journal Entries
Payment Medium Formats in which CUP, CIG, and MGO information is used:
Create Invoice (Incoming/Outgoing)
After selecting any Company Code set to Italy, the system displays additional fields CUP, CIG, and MGO. The user must enter the right combination of CUP, CIG, and MGO regarding public investment invoices conditions.
Output is transferred to Payment Medium Format
Note: MGO is not used for outgoing invoices
Fiori App Create Incoming Invoice:
Fiori App Create Outgoing Invoice:
In case that wrong combination or value of CUP, CIG and MGO is entered, a notification message will be displayed on posting document
Types of message:
- Incorrect value of CUP, CIG codes, and MGO ID for supplier SUPL (CUP/CIG/MGO)
- Not allowed combination of CUP, CIG codes and MGO ID (CUP/CIG/MGO)
Manage Journal Entries
Journal Entry View shows a new field in case there is an Entry referred to Italy. The user must enter the right combination of CUP, CIG, and MGO regarding public investment invoices conditions.
Information is used in the payment formats IT_CGI_XML_CT for AP and IT_CBI_RIB_002 for AR process.
Data Migration and Interface
To make sure that already existing documents will have the same parameters CUP, CIG, and MGO as the newly created, there are several ways of data migration:
- Silent Data Migration (for data already in the system)
Run automatically after upgrading release higher than SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1905 or SAP S/4HANA 1909
- Open Item Migration (to migrate data into S/4HANA cloud)
Semi-manual migration via migration templates
- Function module for BAPI (to interface external systems)
Run automatically after calling function
1. Silent Data Migration
All documents that already include CUP, CIG or MGO codes defined as Document Header Texts will be migrated into new fields CUP, CIG, and MGO based on the automatic migration process to version SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1905 (or newer) or SAP S/4HANA 1909 (or newer).
The result of this migration displays the CUP, CIG and MGO information in the Manage Journal Entries app (in dedicated fields).
2. Open Items Migration
Data Migration is available via Fiori app Manage Your Solution – Migrate your Data with user-specific role e.g. SAP_BR_BPC_EXPERT.
Roles for migration on SAP S4/HANA Cloud:
Steps to migrate your data:
1. Download XML template file for migration object
- Accounts Payable (Supplier Open Item)
- Accounts Receivable (Customer Open Item)
2. Fill out lines including CUP, CIG, and MGO columns
3. Upload filled file (max XML size 100MB or zip file 160MB)
After taking these steps, mapping, checking, validation, and posting has to be performed.
Check out the step-by-step migration process on this video guideline.
3. Function module for BAPI – Business Application Programming Interface (S/4HANA On-Premise)
Technical setting for automatic API migration processes
- Call function module BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_POST
- Use importing parameter DOCUMENTHEADER of type BAPIACHE09
Structure BAPIACHE09 includes new globalization fields. These three are relevant for Italy:
GLO_REF1_HD = CUP
GLO_REF2_HD = CIG
GLO_REF3_HD = MGO
Find more information about Migration Cockpit and Italian Payment Formats at the links below:
Do you have any further comments regarding this topic? Do not hesitate to share them in the comment section below. You are also welcome to ask any questions about SAP S4/HANA Finance in the Community Q&A section.