Finding the Equivalent SAP Fiori App with Classic T-Codes in SAP S/4HANA Cloud – Part 2
Please note this blog post is featured in SAP S/4HANA Cloud Identity Access Management – Your Knowledge Base.
In Part 1 of this blog series, we saw how to quickly identify which SAP Fiori application in your SAP S/4HANA Cloud system is the equivalent for a classic T-Code. The tool of choice for identifying is the SAP Fiori apps reference library. In case you didn’t read the Part 1, I strongly recommend going through part 1 of the blog series ” Finding the Equivalent SAP Fiori App with Classic T-Codes in SAP S/4HANA Cloud” to understand the basics. In Part 2, we will now make use of this knowledge and search for the SAP Fiori app “Create Material” by simply typing in the classic T-Code MM01 into the SAP Enterprise Search.
Please note that the following 2 requirements need to be fullfilled in order to make this run:
- Please note searching for SAP Fiori apps by using the classic T-Code is only possible for very few SAP Fiori apps, i.e. the app has to be of type SAP GUI for HTML. These classic transactions are available in the SAP Fiori theme to support a seamless user experience across the SAP Fiori launchpad.
- Ensure you have the authorizations to see the SAP Fiori application in the SAP Fiori Launchpad. This is based on SAP Fiori guideline “Role-Based” which defines that SAP Fiori is designed for your business, your needs, and how you work. It draws from our broad insights on the multifaceted roles of today’s workforce. SAP Fiori provides the right information at the right time and reflects the way you actually work.
Searching for the Equivalent Application with the T-Code
The steps to do so are as follows:
- Verify that the SAP Fiori application “Create Material” is of type SAP GUI for HTML.
- Go to the SAP Fiori apps reference library and search for the app. Follow the instructions from Part 1.
- The relevant information is displayed in the app details.
- Go to Implementation Information and check which business catalogs or business roles are required to display the SAP Fiori app.
- Check the required business catalog or business role
- Next, open your SAP S/4HANA Cloud system. Type in the T-Code MM01 into the Enterprise Search. Click Enter.
- The results will show the SAP Fiori application “Create Material”.
That’s about it! In this blog post, we saw how to search for a SAP Fiori application in your SAP S/4HANA Cloud system by using the classic T-Code. The main aspects you need to consider is that this is only possible for SAP GUI for HTML applications. In addition to this, you need to have the relevant authorizations as you will not see any applications you are not authorized for.
Please drop a comment below in case you have any questions!