Sales in SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1911
This blog provides you with the latest and greatest innovations that our SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1911 release has in store for you in Sales. To name just a few highlights:
- new SAP Fiori app “Manage Sales Orders”
- product hierarchy from business documents and analytics
- approval workflow for preliminary billing documents
- seller-side integration of Ariba Network
- planned and actual order quantities in sales plans
- automatic notifications for expiring sales quotations
- and more.
Now, let’s dive into one highlight.
New SAP Fiori app “Manage Sales Orders”
The sales function is at the heart and soul of any business, and SAP S/4HANA Cloud covers the needed sales and distribution lifecycle, from pre-sales activities, sales order processing, to shipping and billing. It provides an organization with greater visibility of real-time data (customer orders, pending delivery, delivery block, and so on) across multiple locations.
There are different ways you can process sales orders in the SAP system, depending on your specific needs.
- In the most simple case, for example for casual users, you can enter a sales order with several items in a single screen, quickly and simply! The system automatically proposes data from the relevant master records (for example from the customer master record of the sold-to party, the system proposes sales, shipping, pricing, and billing data. In addition, the system copies customer-specific master data about texts, partners, and contact people at the customer site). This is possible since SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1802 release with the SAP Fiori app “Create Sales Orders – Fast Entry“. With this SAP Fiori app you are also able to create draft sales orders.
Fig. 1: Create Sales order via SAP Fiori app “Create Sales Orders – Fast Entry“
- Professional users are confronted with complex scenarios, and for this SAP recommends to use the Create Sales Orders SAP Fiori app (Transaction VA01!). This app is an SAP GUI for HTML transaction offering an HTML Graphical User Interface with a broad offering of features and functions of a sales order. These transactions are available in the SAP Fiori theme to support a seamless user experience across the SAP Fiori launchpad. When you process a sales order using this standard version of SAP S/4HANA Cloud, the system can automatically carry out basic functions, such as the following:
- Availability check (if this function is defined in the material master record)
- Transferring requirements to materials planning (MRP)
- Delivery scheduling
- Credit limit check
Fig. 2: Create Sales order via Create Sales Orders SAP Fiori app (Transaction VA01!)
- And now with the SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1911 release, we deliver the first version of the New SAP Fiori app “Create Sales Orders”. Please note that this app is not a true successor of the Create Sales Orders app (VA01), as it does not contain all the fields that the original app contains, and this application is offering now a SAP Fiori User Interface with a limited offering of features and functions compared to the HTML GUI application.
Fig. 3: Create Sales order via SAP Fiori app “Create Sales Orders “
- With SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1911 the application Create Sales Orders is available as a new tile in the group Sales Orders. This application allows users to create sales orders using the new SAP Fiori UI.
- The existing application Manage Sales Orders has been enhanced so that the creation of sales orders using the new SAP Fiori UI is also possible from this application. Just a reminder: with this Manage Sales Orders app, you can display all the details relevant for a sales order in one place. The overview brings together relevant key facts and a list of the sales order items. You also get a list of involved business partners. Thanks to the process flow, you can immediately see the current status of your sales order. Furthermore, you can display additional information on the item level, for example, planned deliveries.
Fig. 4: New tiles for Create Sales Orders SAP Fiori app
For more information about this new SAP Fiori app, see the SAP Fiori apps reference library: App ID F3893
Sales order creation overview with the new SAP Fiori app
In the first screen, it is necessary to provide basic information: Document type, Sales organization, Distribution Channel and Division.
- Sales Order Type: To create a new sales order, it is mandatory to specify a Sales Order Type. Sales order types is a 2 characters indicator, by which the system process different documents in a different way.
- Distribution Channel: This channel contains information about which products and services are distributed by an organization to its end users.
- Division: A division is basically an organization structure that represents product and service lines in a company.
Note 1: If the user has maintained default values, these fields are prefilled. Default values can be maintained by choosing the user symbol in the top-right corner of the Fiori Launchpad under Settings.
Note 2: If the sales order will be created for a customer, which is assigned to more than one sales area, the sales area must be specified prior to entering a Sold-To Party
Sales Area: An entity that is required to process an order, the sales area is comprised of a distribution channel, a sales organization, and a division.
In the second screen, it is required to enter the Sold-To Party first (the sold-to party is the customer that orders the goods). A value-help is offered that allows the user to input different attributes or parts of those attributes.
Fig. 5: Create Sales Orders SAP Fiori app: Entry screen
- Once the Sold-To Party has been specified, dependent master data will be derived, for example partners like Ship-To Party (Ship-To Party is the customer to whom we deliver, for example, a purchasing department makes the order, but the delivery place is another warehouse), Shipping Conditions, Incoterms, and Terms of Payment.
- If SAP Credit Management is utilized and if the user is authorized to see credit limit data, the Credit Limit Utilization will be updated in the sales order header (micro-chart).
- Navigate to the items to enter, the product (that is, the material) and the requested quantity and apply for your entries, pricing is determined immediately, and an ATP check is carried out. Dependent data will be derived, for example, the confirmed delivery date or net value.
Note: The Items section cannot be reached via scrolling the initial page.
Fig. 6: Create Sales Orders SAP Fiori app: Items level
- From the items table, it is possible to navigate into item details using the navigation option at the end of the line
Note: It is currently not possible to personalize the Items table (adding, moving columns)
- When you apply for your entries, the system also creates another empty row for an additional item. You can fill these fields, if needed, to create another item.
- It is possible to navigate to related applications, using the Related apps button in the header section, for example, to display or change the sales order using HTML GUI applications.
- In some cases, after saving the sales order a message icon is displayed in the lower-left corner showing the number of messages.
Outlook (see roadmap for SAP S/4HANA Cloud)
In future versions of SAP S/4HANA Cloud, we will improve and Increase sales force efficiency with new options to create sales orders:
- Create sales orders by uploading spreadsheets with the required data. You can use this process when creating sales orders as a result of mass upload capabilities
- Create sales orders within the digital assistant. The benefit here is that the digital assistant that offers insights and suggestions to help you decide on the proper course of action when you need it and enables you to quickly create a business object, with minimal prompts for input.
For more information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, check out the following links:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud release info: http://www.sap.com/s4-cloudrelease
- Sven Denecken’s SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1911 Release Blog
- Early Release Webinar Series here
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud User Community: register here
- Feature Scope Description here
- What’s New here
- Help Portal Product Page here
- Implementation Portal here