Setting Up & Using The Product Hierarchy Functionality in SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1911
The Product Hierarchy is a highly regarded and requested functionality that has been added to S/4HANA Cloud with the 1911 edition.
This blog post is trying to be a bit different by demonstrating via a video the full setup, from configuration through to master data setup – required to begin using this new functionality in your S/4HANA Cloud system. Hopefully this makes it easy to follow along and test in your own system, and also shows how easily and quickly you can begin leveraging the innovation for your business needs.
The example is set against a (fictional) business objective. Since the video is a bit long, approximate time stamps of topics are shown below – please skip forward to any point of interest:
- Business Context & Objective – 0:20 to 2:00
- Overview of Planned Steps – 2:00 to 4:00
- Create Hierarchy Nodes – SSCUI – Configure Nodes for Product Hierarchies – 4:19
- Create Hierarchy – App: Manage Product Hierarchies – 6:24
- Assign Product Hierarchy to Sales Area – App: Manage Product Hierarchy Assignments – 8:45
- Assign Product Hierarchy to Products: – App: Manage Product Hierarchies – 9:45
- Stipulate Hierarchy Date Determination – SSCUI – Define Relevant Date for Product Hierarchy Determination – 11:30
Assign Hierarchy to Pricing Procedure
- Define New Access Sequence – SSCUI – 13:00
- Create New Condition Type – SSCUI – 15:30
- Create New Pricing Procedure – SSCUI – 16:30
- Update Pricing Procedure Determination – SSCUI – 18:18
Set Pricing Master Data
- Set pricing conditions: 19:12
Test Sales Document & Review Pricing
- Check Sales Order – With Pricing Error: 20:47
- Error Correction – Assign Product Hierarchy: 22:10
- Check Sales Order – Final Pricing: 22:33
- Sales Order – Final Output: 24:38
Thanks for your feedback!
For a more technical dive into the Product Heirarchy functionality, and its use in reporting – please take a look at this Blog Post on the S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community
Thanks for sharing Andrew. Very useful. Any new features on analytical/reporting side to cover product hierarchies?
Joey Tang has a blog post demonstrating the use of the heirarchies in analytics:
Thanks for sharing Andrew, great post.
Its a very good post, thank you for sharing. I have a question on missing Product Hierachy field in app 'Manage Product Master Data' under General Data and Fiori App 'MM01' Basic data 1 view. I am using S4H Public cloud 2208. Previously in ECC product hierachy was there under Basic Data view 1 (MARA-PRDHA). I need product hierachy only as a search function for products not for to determine pricing conditions. I followed the steps of assigning Product to the product hierachy (See the screen shot), Activated the Product Hierachy, but it doesnt show up in basic data view, I also cant search the product using the production hierachy. Appreciate if you can check and let us know if this field is anylonger available in product master-->Basis Data 1 view in public cloud.