How to Stay Up-to-Date with SAP
In this blog you will find links to all the free training content presented at SAP TechEd 2019. At this annual event, SAP presents new products, new technology, new priorities, and new directions. If you want to stay up-to-date with SAP, you cannot miss TechEd.
Of course, not everyone will be able to expense ticket and travel or take a week off out of their busy schedule just to learn about SAP technology. However, this does not have to be a roadblock as a lot of content is now publicly and freely available.
Any good? Post a comment, share on social media, and/or give a like. That’s how the community works. Thanks!
|Here is my suggestion. Carve out Friday afternoons or another low traffic part of the week, make it a brown bag lunch session if needed, and explore one learning journey each week. Watch a talk or presentation, browse the slides, check the code on GitHub when available, and check out the related openSAP course(s). In less than a year, you will have a better understanding of the overall SAP landscape than most of your peers. Time to ask for a raise!|
Tracks and Journeys
For an introduction to the SAP TechEd event, session tracks, and learning journeys, see my previous post, How to Get Most out of SAP TechEd.
What’s worth repeating, however, is that according to the SAP TechEd (Global) event website, 1,130 hours of learning were provided. That is about 141 days or 28 full working weeks of learning.
Of course, that is a bit much for anyone to take in as-is, so this is why the content is bundled into tracks and journeys. On-site, learning journeys included all formats like Strategy Talks, Learning Talks, Presentations, Hands-On, Code Reviews, etc. For the post-event learning room, only presentations and workshops have been maintained.
In total, 32 learning journeys were defined for the event. By itself, each learning journey would make for a full agenda for the event. In other words, you would need 32 TechEds to take it all in…
Business Technology Platform
Most of the content presented at TechEd concerned the four key topic areas, which together provide the Intelligence connecting Experience with Operations.
- Intelligent Technologies
- Database and Data Management
- Application Development and Integration
iENT – Explore the Intelligent Suite
The two iENT tracks cover presentations about the intelligent enterprise, key end-to-end processes (design-to-operate, total workforce management, lead-to-cash, procure-to-pay), line of business solutions and experience management.
- iENT1 – Deliver the Intelligent Enterprise along key end-to-end processes (15)
- iENT2 – Innovate and transform your business processes with cloud solutions from SAP (2)
As the LoB solutions still hold their own conferences (SAP Ariba Live, Fieldglass Summit, and SuccessConnect), there was little technical content about these solutions this year on TechEd and no workshops.
For the iENT2 track there are very few recordings but there are badges for both tracks.
INT – Integration Out-of-the-Box
The two INT tracks cover presentations about API management and the Integration Solution Advisory Methodology (ISA-M), SAP Cloud Platform Integration Suite, SAP Data Hub, and Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- INT1 – Connect with an intelligent suite in a hybrid landscape (7)
- INT2 – Master integration technologies uniting your intelligent suite (7)
Most of the INT track lectures have been recorded and you can get a badge for both tracks.
Digital Transformation and Cloud Application Architecture
The ten CAA tracks cover SAP Cloud Platform, SAP S/4HANA, SAP S/4HANA Cloud, ABAP, and SAP solution landscapes.
- CAA1 – Extend SAP solutions to support your intelligent enterprise (3)
- CAA2 – Build intelligent business solutions with SAP Cloud Platform (3)
- CAA3 – Move to SAP S/4HANA (16)
- CAA4 – Get to SAP S/4HANA Cloud (11)
- CAA5 – Extend, integrate, and embed intelligence into SAP S/4HANA (11)
- CAA6 – Manage a Hybrid SAP Solution Landscape (3)
- CAA7 – Manage a Cloud-centric SAP Solution Landscape (2)
- CAA8 – Apply DevOps in a SAP Solution Landscape (1)
- CAA9 – Take your ABAP skills to SAP HANA and the Cloud (5)
- CAA10 – Build and Run Business Processes (5)
Most of the S/4HANA and ABAP lectures have been recorded, SAP Solution Manager and C/4HANA less so. The SCP tracks do not have a badge.
The six AIN tracks cover presentations about SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP Data Warehouse Cloud, SAP HANA Cloud Services, about planning, SAP BPC, Integrated Business Planning, and business intelligence with SAP BusinessObjects.
- AIN1 – Make Fast and Confident Decisions with SAP Analytics Solutions (3)
- AIN2 – Transform your business processes with intelligent technologies (5)
- AIN3 – Develop, extend, and embed SAP Analytics solutions (1)
- AIN4 – Become agile through intelligent planning (1)
- AIN5 – Get Started with the SAP Data Warehouse Cloud Solution (3)
- AIN6 – Build and manage a modern data warehouse (5)
For all the buzz, the applied intelligence tracks is the least recorded track with some learning journeys having only a single session recorded. There are badges for all except for planning.
Next-Gen Data Management and Artificial Intelligence
The six DAT tracks cover data management with SAP Data Hub and its cloud cousin SAP HANA Data Intelligence, Master Data Governance, with SAP Cloud Platform and SAP Data Services integrations, SAP HANA Cloud, SQLScript, and SAP HANA.
- DAT1 – Build your data-driven intelligent enterprise (2)
- DAT2 – Integrate and govern data (1)
- DAT3 – Tame data challenges (2)
- DAT4 – Develop Next Generation Cloud Native Applications with SAP HANA
- DAT5 – Model and View Data in SAP HANA on-premises and in the cloud
- DAT6 – Administrate and Operate SAP HANA on-premises and in the cloud
For most of the DAT tracks there are very few recordings and there is only a single badge (DAT4).
The two UX tracks cover presentations about the recently released SAP Fiori 3 version, Fiori Launchpad, Fiori apps, Web Components, SAPUI5, Screen Personas, and more user interface and user experience topics.
- UX1 – Become the UX Transformation Champion in your Company (7)
- UX2 – Design and Develop SAP Fiori apps (5)
- UX3 – Implement and run a great UX for your intelligent suite (5)
Most of the UX presentations for these learning journeys have been recorded. There are badges for all of the tracks.
Security by Default
The three SEC tracks cover security-related lectures about SAP HANA, the SAP Cloud Platform, GDPR and CCPA, Enterprise Threat Detection, Data Retention Manager, and Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- SEC1 – Support identity and access management for your business applications (4)
- SEC2 – Comply with legal regulations and securely govern your intelligent enterprise (4)
- SEC3 – Securely build, extend, and integrate your business applications in the cloud (2)
Most of the SEC presentations for these learning journeys have been recorded. There are badges for all of the tracks.
To access the script and presentation of most of the workshops, access to the SAP TechEd Learning Room 2019 is required. However, as most of the demo environments for the workshop scripts are no longer accessible, this is not as useful as could be.
Like the previous years, openSAP also offers the free SAP TechEd 2019 Recap course with a selection of sessions for each of the tracks and links to the learning journeys and recommended associated openSAP courses, all free of charge.
The tutorials presented at the Developer Garage are available online’:
- Create Your First iOS Application with the SAP Cloud Platform SDK for iOS
- Implement an Image Classification App for Identifying Product Categories
A number of workshops are also accessible on GitHub. Just search the SAP Samples repository on GitHub:
Learned Something New?
Post a comment, share on social media, and/or give a like. That’s how the community works. Thanks.
If you would like to receive updates, connect with me on
Denys van Kempen