I have recently been involved in a system upgrade where the client was making a significant jump in UI5 version. Rather than performing a manual audit first identifying deprecated controls then finding their location in every controller, view and fragment, I decided on taking a different approach; writing a chrome extension to perform the task for me!
The extension simply:
- Detects UI5 and the version used
- Loads the UI5 API references
- Traverses the DOM searching for UI5 controls
- Performs an API lookup for the detected controls in the API reference
- Alerts results and outlines all deprecated controls on screen.
After writing and using this tool, I have decided to release this extension free to the public on the chrome store so that everyone can share in these significant time savings.